PDA

View Full Version : Belts & Hoses

03springer
08-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey all, Just changed all my hoses and belt. Also had new bearings and brushes installed in the alternator. Also one new idler pulley. Amazing what other things you find wrong when you go to fix one thing. I`ll tell ya, It`s terrible how all the rust is taking over everything metal. There`s a brace that goes from one side of the frame to the other that holds the front facia. There`s about a foot of it missing from rust :mad:
To make things worse, I was cutting the hose off that goes to the water pump. Not knowing it until I started the truck up that I had accidently cut the transmission line. Fluid came pouring out all over the ground. Went to work and got a hydraulic fitting and spliced in. All`s well for now. A new transmission line was like 160.00 and it looked like I would of had to drop the exhaust to gain access to the one end. Until later Bob

Frank84
09-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Good luck Bob! Rust really gets all over these trucks pretty quickly. It was the death of my dad's DII after 325k miles. Best preventative technique is to get a winter beater vehicle - you may even save money depending how you justify it to yourself.

03springer
09-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks Frank. I just got a winter beater if you think a 13 Nissan 370Z is one :rolleyes:

Frank84
09-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Frank. I just got a winter beater if you think a 13 Nissan 370Z is one :rolleyes:

Nice! Should handle the salt just fine