PDA

View Full Version : Doing something important

Ivar
10-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Richard Hammond says Land Rovers are always doing something important ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ8jOmolSac

So here it is doing something important, a long wash and polish after Conclave. This was a wedding for someone who asked our club if they could use a Series for a prop.

I drove her and her dad up to the amphitheater, he then carried her off the tailgate to the small stage. Then I drove her and new hubby back to reception area. All in a small zoo in Norristown. Drive was only about 200 yards.

I got a few beers out of the deal, and of course some pride.

galen211
10-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Pretty cool. Do they have a Land Rover connection or just like pith helmets? :)

Ivar
10-09-2013, 01:18 PM
No Land Rover connection. Just like out-doorsy stuff, members of a zoo etc. Want to go an a safari one day. He got that outfit off the web somewhere. Different dress code for a wedding, but I liked it. It was all very casual.

Frank84
10-09-2013, 01:41 PM
That's really cool!

galen211
10-10-2013, 04:01 PM
I picture this is how Ivar and Neil dressed at home in SA. :D

mlp141
10-10-2013, 06:46 PM
I picture this is how Ivar and Neil dressed at home in SA. :D

In the photos, which is which?

Lyle4LClover
10-13-2013, 08:12 PM
This is really cool!
Reminds me of my daughter and the need for a convertable for homecoming as she was part of the festivities. She and her date needed a convertable and chauffer to take them on the parade route including the athletic track in front of the packed crowd before the football game. Most kids had that Toyota thing thats a convertable and a few had classic muscle cars. I wanted to use the Truimph TR3 but there is no back seat. I simply took the roof off the Rover, even washed it! and used it for the event. Went over very well. Had LOTS of questions about it afterwards! They certainly are special aren't they!?!