PDA

View Full Version : Winter trials event

devildog01
01-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Hey Lyle, how much snow ya got out there in Robesonia????? Just wondering if you were thinking about doing another winter trials event. If so I'm volunteering for a work day. Also it may be necessary to paint the canes a different color.......

qbenplaya00
01-26-2014, 03:42 PM
im down with the get down. let us know.

Lyle4LClover
01-26-2014, 04:20 PM
We got snow! About 7" of powdeery snow. Once driven on, packs well and gets slick. Boys have been running their 4 wheelers in it. Having a blast. I'll check my schedule tomorrow morning and the weather report. What weekend looks good for a snowy mountain romp in Roby? Let me know what weekends are open and I'll see what we can come up with.

qbenplaya00
01-26-2014, 04:36 PM
what kind of trails are there? would stock lr3 join up? maybe fj cruiser ?

galen211
01-28-2014, 09:28 AM
what kind of trails are there? would stock lr3 join up? maybe fj cruiser ?

qben the trials isn't a trail per se. It is a competition where you attempt to negotiate a set of canes. Hit a cane and points are added to your score. Not unlike downhill skiing.

An LR3 could negotiate the trails depending upon the level of difficulty Lyle builds into the course. Traditionally this is a Land Rover only event on a club member's property.

devildog01
02-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Well we got another 8" so I'm hoping Lyle is working on a date soon. We get any more snow and we'll need extended canes!

Lyle4LClover
02-05-2014, 10:07 PM
He looks scared!
(I hope the picture attached, not too computer literate)
Right now my driveway is impassable by anything but the Oliver Cleatrack.
Winter event will need to wait just a bit but is still an option.
Anyone have a good weekend? I'm game, nothing planned until April.