PDA

View Full Version : Spring Robesonia Trials

Lyle4LClover
03-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone! Been a rough winter! Let's start by anouncing the Spring Robesonia Trials Event!

When : Saturday April 26th, work weekend Saturday the 19th and Sunday the 20th. 9:00 AM.
Where: 101 E Mountain Ave. Robesonia PA 19551
Why: because Rovers were made to be driven!
Who: Whoever can make it! Work days are much appriciated as there are lots of branches down from the ice storms.
Camping? Yes, event weekend, if anyone is interested you may camp Friday night and Saturday night. Primitive camping provided on top of the mountain.
Courses? Everythiing from beginner to advanced since it's a one day event, everything has a bypass.
Cost? $28 for participants, $8 for spectators.
Lunch? provided by Tony's Pizza and we'll have coffee ,tea, biscuts and such for breakfast.
Other questions? ask away! I hope we have a good turnout and if it stays the way it is we'll still have snow. The snow is just about 2 ft deep on top of the mountain right now!;)

Roll call for participants and for work days?

Thank you everyone, let's keep this event going! I like making trails!
Lyle

devildog01
03-13-2014, 04:13 PM
I should be able to make the work weekend and will definitely make the trials.

Frank84
03-14-2014, 08:37 AM
I'll be at the trials!

rvrsrvc
03-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Tentative for work, definite for event! Series or Rangie, that's the question.....

billcooper
03-18-2014, 01:19 AM
Think I have a commitment for the trials but I should be able to make the work weekend.

hilltoppersx
03-19-2014, 06:36 PM
AHH.. going to miss another one of these events. I will be in Arizona and Vegas both dates. Have not seen you Lyle since the first Conclave and have not been to the Trials event in at least 3 years maybe 4.

qbenplaya00
03-23-2014, 08:42 AM
work date but will be in Florida for trail date.

DiscoSux
03-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Dave and Jensen for Sunday of work weekend. We may come up to camp Saturday night if there are others camping.

We will likely be going down to give John Bradshaw a hand during the event weekend.

devildog01
03-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Dave and Jensen for Sunday of work weekend. We may come up to camp Saturday night if there are others camping.

We will likely be going down to give John Bradshaw a hand during the event weekend.

That's real nice. Cheating on Lyle with John. Tsk tsk. Shame on you Dave.

Evan
03-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Conflicts with the spring general meeting at SCC, so I'm out , Kasey may be there if I can get another truck up and running for her . I may make the work day .

DiscoSux
03-27-2014, 08:54 AM
That's real nice. Cheating on Lyle with John. Tsk tsk. Shame on you Dave.

Just spreading the love, Brett. Lyle knows I love him and will spoon with him on the next outing...

Randy
03-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Karen and I plan to be there for the trials. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of old friends again!

galen211
03-31-2014, 02:38 PM
Guess I haven't spoken up yet, but I won't be able to make this event. :( I have a long standing hiking trip planned with an old friend. 40 miles in 3 days. :eek:

devildog01
03-31-2014, 05:03 PM
Karen and I plan to be there for the trials. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of old friends again!

Let me know if you want to drive out with Dan and I.

Lyle4LClover
03-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Hello everyone, especially Dave my spoonin' buddy!
Anyway, we still have snow piles all over the yard and into the mountain as of this evening. We also have snow patches on the shady side of the mountain. We had a fresh half inch or so of some snowy, drizzly, sleety stuff last night. Enough that I slipped crossing the bridge this morning at 4:30 AM on the way to work! If this season keeps going we will have snow for the event! I look forward to seeing eveyone again. For those that can't make it to this event we will be picking the Fall dates during the Spring event so there's ample notice.
If it stays wet like it is there will be mud, and lots of it! I am looking over the property looking for the best hill climbs and off camber uphills as those are best served over a slurry of mud!
As for camping both work and event weekends, we are game. There is also the apartment at Dads that is still unused and up for grabs for those who like to camp with a full kitchen, hot shower, microwave and twin size bed! Let me know, first come first serve. Sleeps maybe 4 if you know each other well!
Once again, any questions, let me know. Remember, this is your event for your enjoyment, if you have an idea or want to try something you saw or thought of during a previous event, come on out on work days and lets give it a try! I'll go first!!!
Lyle

Randy
04-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Let me know if you want to drive out with Dan and I. If you are going up Saturday morning count us in.

devildog01
04-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I'll swing by this weekend and we can discuss it over a glass of Blantons.

dbeard
04-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Count me in the for the 26th. Should be able to help on Saturday work weekend.

Potentially bringing a rookie for the event. I think we're looking to camp Saturday night of the event.

Dave

pushngo
04-09-2014, 06:46 AM
What night are you guys camping?

scottsdalerrc
04-09-2014, 09:28 AM
may have to move some things around and actually attend - would be my first. been saying it for years though.

Lyle4LClover
04-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Hello everyone, just a quick update, they are expecting snow next day or so, wish that were around for the event! Looks like it'll be too warm though. Last snow pile went away today at Dads, no more snow. Anyway, for those coming up for work days and event, bring chain saw for firewood, there are several good piles of firewood right near the campground. I'll park my pickup truck Gunny up there to use for firewood getting. Also, got a big load of pine mulch. I brough about a dozen loads of pine mulch up to the campground and we spread it over the area to help flatten it out a bit and soften those stones for the campers! Bring a rock rake and/or grass rack to help even out. I'm going to pick up some extra canes for the event so we have options to make some new courses for the event. Please let me know if you have any questions, need directions, etc. Hope to see you here!
Lyle

DiscoSux
04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Jensen has a lacrosse game Saturday so I am not sure we can make it. The game is at noon so it screws up the whole day. :mad:

billcooper
04-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Hi Lyle,

What is the plan for Saturday? I should be down there by mid-morning.

Bill

Lyle4LClover
04-19-2014, 07:19 PM
A big thank you to everyone that came out for work days! We have 9 sections set up so far. One for tomorrow to complete. Great day to be in the woods. We've made some new sections and changed some classics around on the entrance and exit to make it quite interesting. Some of the areas haven't been used in quite some time. We've moved the fire pit to be more in the center of the campround and tested it out. Everyone should now fit around it without being on rocks or in the stickers! The campround has also been expanded thanks to a 1952 Oliver Cleatrack and should easily fit more people. We can't use the suppy hole this year as it it is filled with hundreds of tadpoles. That's going to get noisey in the next few weeks! We also rescued a tiny baby grey squirrel that appearantly fell out of his nest. The little thing took a liking to Mike and followed him everywhere he went! He has been re-united with his family this evening. Bring bug spray, damn little gnats! Also, bring a chainsaw, we need to get some firewood together for the campfire Saturday night for those staying. Hope to see you all out for the event, Please contact me if you have any questions!
Thank you, Lyle

87xj95disco
04-19-2014, 08:41 PM
yes what a wonderful day to be in the woods. finally had some time to play at the end of the day.

notice: there is a new waiver that will be posted on site and have at the event.
please read carefully and sign. do to certain events in the fall we now have to go this route.

see you all on Saturday,
have fun and safe

mike

pushngo
04-24-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm bringing ribs for Sat night who all is coming?

I also just got a real clean D1 ARB front bumper with the winch tray and skid plate $650
I also have a near new D1 front D/C HD Drive shaft Not a TW I believe it may be better $250
I can bring them along if anyone is interested

While I am unconscionably hijacking this thread I also have a '96 D1 5 Speed Silver w/ grey guts, that runs and drives fine 2-3" lift needs a rear diff that I will supply and install tires aren't much RRC rear shaft decent truck $1750

rvrsrvc
04-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Wow, that was a big word. Did that hurt?
Hijack continue: I have 6 34x9 Super Swampers for Randy's DI. $50 to anyone in the club. yes, $8.33 each, they are that good.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Sad to have finally sent Big Blue to the crusher, happy to have my Rangie back on the road after 3 large failures at the VOT last August.

Also need another dose of hanging out with Rover-peeps.....

pushngo
04-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Sweet we'll eat some ribs and drink some beers like non vegans

You bringing Max? I have the girls they are all about camping at Robesonia.

dbeard
04-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Kelley and I will be there, and are planning on camping. See you all there.

rvrsrvc
04-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Just me. Max has a tournament sunday in nj and needs to train as well as baseball practice. And we have a spaghetti dinner at school saturday night so I can't even partake in camping fun.

qbenplaya00
04-26-2014, 07:06 AM
I also just got a real clean D1 ARB front bumper with the winch tray and skid plate $650

have a '96 D1 5 Speed Silver w/ grey guts, that runs and drives fine 2-3" lift needs a rear diff that I will supply and install tires aren't much RRC rear shaft decent truck $1750

man your going to make me shoot up there now :rolleyes:

might want to check out bumper from you and talk about d1.... pm sent.

87xj95disco
04-27-2014, 06:18 PM
what a nice turn out.
11 members driving and about 30 spectators.
Congrats to Trevor Griffiths for winning the spring event. Trevor had to leave early so randy w. couldn't
pass on the trophy to him but, Russ will deliver it to him Monday morning.

2nd Dave Beard $50 gift certificate to AB

Camp was open Saturday night for those who wanted to stay and what a nice little group we had.
food , drinks and wonderful conversations toped off the night. nice to see old friends again.
I know I miss seeing and talking to everyone.

Now I do have a few ideas for the fall event I need to start working on, yes starting now !
oh yeah! Im going BIG for the fall
We need to set a date so throw some numbers out there.

V.P.
mike stevens

Lyle4LClover
04-28-2014, 07:58 PM
A big thank you to everyone! The campground is clean, no one broke any bones, the compitition was good, Kerry finally starting getting very competitive in the scoring, no major damage and as far as I could tell, everyone had fun! Congratulations to Trevor and some really damn good driving! Also, for all those poor souls with 10's, 9's, and 8's on the sections that thought they were impossible, remember, there was always that one person with enough luck and foresight to get a one, or a clear, on that very same section. I know they're tight, I know they're difficult, that's MY fun! They can all be driven with a clear. Maybe only once or twice, but it can be done! Once again, a big THANK YOU to everyone that came out for work days and the event, it was a pleasure hosting again and we look forward to Fall Robesonia!
The McMullan family

Disco96JSWB
04-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Fun day as a spectator watching and talking Land Rovers . . . Thanks to Mike, the McMullens and everyone else for putting it all together.
Congrats to Trevor. Turning the wheels right in order to slide downhill to the left on Section 8 was a very slick move. Precision driving.

galen211
04-29-2014, 08:32 AM
Aw man, even Matt came out? That's 3 events in one year. You better pace yourself man. :cool:

Sorry I couldn't make it out with a previous commitment.

What do we want to do next?

kun109
04-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Aw man, even Matt came out? That's 3 events in one year. You better pace yourself man. :cool:

I know, right. Sorry you missed it.

Just wanna say thanks, had a great time even though I came in last place. It was great seeing everyone and I appreciated all the helping hands getting me unstuck.

dbeard
04-29-2014, 02:45 PM

I liked your idea of a series rally/ scavenger hunt.

devildog01
04-29-2014, 07:19 PM
As usual, hands down the best rover event out there. Thanks to the Mcmullen clan for another awesome event. The best part was watching Randy get stuck on the log bridge and have to winch himself off.

rvrsrvc
05-12-2014, 02:36 PM
That was fun! Thanks to all who put these events together and kudos to whomever scheduled that weather.
Next? How about a swap meet/open house at my place? The winter took out a couple of really big trees forcing me to open a few more areas in the back field. A good opportunity to get the tires dirty....