PDA

View Full Version : RoversClub Annual Fall Trials and Club Picnic Event Oct 24-26

galen211
09-11-2014, 09:58 AM
RoversClub Annual Fall Trials and Club Picnic Event Oct 24-26

Once again this year the ROVERS Club will be holding their Fall Trials event at 101 E. Mountain Rd., Robesonia, PA 19551. We are combining this with our club picnic for the year.

Trials events are a skill based event where you attempt to navigate your truck through a series of gates in each section. Gates are numbered in descending order and the object is to get through without touching them. Lowest score wins! The property is rocky, hilly and with mature trees. The course is laid out with challenge in mind, not carnage and some bypasses do exist.

Friday night is set up and free run of the course with a pot luck or own your own style meal.

Saturday is the novice run for beginners. New this year will be a ladies only division with separate prizes.

Saturday lunch will be pizza from a local shop and Saturday dinner will be catered.

Sunday is the advanced course and the challenges will be more difficult. Bypasses will exist in tough spots.

Sunday lunch is TBD.

There will be prizes in all the categories and usually a raffle at the end of the event.

Camping is primitive.

$25 for participants, $20 if you are a RoversClub member, Spectators/Non-drivers are $8.

Both Saturday and Sunday events start at 9 a.m.

crazyfish
09-15-2014, 09:48 AM
And the famously fun work days are Oct 18-19th.

devildog01
09-15-2014, 05:31 PM
I'll be there in the LR3 for the work day and camping all weekend for the trials. The LR3 is a little longer and a little wider than the D2 so I have to keep Lyle in check.

DiscoSux
09-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Jensen and I should be there both weekends.

Frank84
09-16-2014, 02:15 PM
I'll be out there for the event - can't wait!

Rob P
09-22-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm gonna mark this down in my calendar.

pushngo
09-26-2014, 06:39 AM
The girls and I will be there Ill bring some Ribs for Sat night

dbeard
09-30-2014, 10:59 AM
I'll do my best to make the work day. Kelley and I should be there for the event weekend.

Dave

Lyle4LClover
10-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Hello all! In fine fashion, I finally get a breather and get a chance to post on the thread for the event in my backyard! Literally, we will be using the steep mud and rock covered hill behind my house again this year but going across the upper lane and even higher!
Sorry for the late post but it's been busy here. Dad had a bit of a medical scare here in the last month, all is doing OK right now, was somewhat time consuming though and quite an eye opener. He had surgery yet was so dedicated to the Marque that he even drove the 8 hours to MAR to drive the trails in southern Virginia. Proved too much after surgery and ended up trying to leave early Saturday only to end up sliding the Land Yacht motorhome off the egde of the trail into the woods with the 101 in tow. three winches, four Land Rovers, six others with sand ladders, and a slew of well wishers and spectators later, we got him out the driveway and on the way home. Gotta hand it to dedication. Dad is doing well but much behind on firewood and work. I and a few neighbors have been pitching in to help. I've been working night shift when available then helping Dad get caught up in the daytime. Been crazy busy as usual!
This years event has a nice grand prize of a brand new 8000 lb winch! We will have at least two courses behind my house on the hill and the rest across the street. I look forward to seeing everyone again and making trails (my favorite!)
If anyone has questions please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to answer and get you out here in the woods (hours south of the crazed survivalist sniper in the woods of the Poconos) and having a good time.
Remember, if you don't show up for work days I go unsupervised! I am very good at working on insane trails alone, it's the group around me that keep me in check!
Hope you all can make it!
Thanks, Lyle

Rob P
10-11-2014, 10:42 PM
We are busy for the Saturday trail setup but plan on coming up for Sunday setup day.

Lyle4LClover
10-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Just a reminder of those coming up for work or event day that are fearing the long drive, we have more than just tent camping sites! There is a camper in my back yard that sleeps 8 no problem, plugged in so you have heat, microwave, TV, light, etc. Just no running water, already winterized, free pass to use bathroom in house. There is also Dads apartment above the garage, sleeps 4 no problem, maybe more. Has everything you'd expect including heat, kitchen, bathroom, etc. So for those of you that want to come up but don't want to tent camp we have hard wall solutions! No charge but it is first come first serve or (reserve). Don't let a long drive or foul weather keep you from the event or work days. Please let me know if anyone needs a place to stay and we can make it happen!
Hope to see you here!

101 E Mountain Ave.
Robesonia PA 19551

Lyle4lclover@aol.com
484-357-9058

Thank you, Lyle

billcooper
10-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Can't make the event but should be able to be there for the work weekend.

rvrsrvc
10-18-2014, 07:00 AM
Scout camping trip this weekend, but Max and I will be there next weekend in the Series!

Evan
10-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Lyle,
Could you put Kasey and I and a guest down for either the apt or camper
Thanks and looking forward to seeing all

Disco96JSWB
10-20-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing everybody on Sunday.

Jeremy

Lyle4LClover
10-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Hello All, good work weekend, light turnout. That just means the advanced courses are more advanced because no one kept me in check! We have 10 to 11 courses for advanced, going through the flow now to determine how we're going to make it happen just right. Also six to seven courses for novice.
Can I get a "show of hands" for those planning on competing in novice? I'd like to figure out a game plan, looking for numbers.
Evan, you got the camper, I'll turn the heat on for you if you text or call on the way here!
We have re-used several courses but are now running them backwards, or changed the entrance/exit or made it tighter, looser in the middle and made some entirely new courses.
A big thank you to those that came out for work days, without the help and support we couldn't hold this event.
Prizes this year are quite nice with everything from a winch to a snatchblock to more.
We fixed the cooking area of the main fire pit (no longer on the end that all the smoke goes!) and much more.
I hope to see you all here!
Thanks, Lyle

87xj95disco
10-21-2014, 07:28 AM
some how i lost lyle in the woods. the next thing i know there are canes everywhere.
Northern safety helped us out this year.
looking forward the another great fall event. great camping this weekend.

mlp141
10-21-2014, 11:55 AM
I will be there for Saturday only. My nephew has to work Sunday so we're not able to stay over. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone.

DiscoSux
10-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Who's camping FRIDAY night?

Jensen and I will be there after dark if there will be someone there.

DiscoSux
10-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Frank, Dave & Kelly, Evan & Kasey, Galen, Trevor, Randy & girls, and all the other "usual suspects"....

This is shaping up to be a great event (as usual)!

devildog01
10-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Dan and I will be there Friday night by 6 ready to camp.

DiscoSux
10-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Dave and Jensen show will be there tonight! Not sure what time, but we will be there with Rover, whiskey, guns and ammo...

DiscoSux
10-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Dan and I will be there Friday night by 6 ready to camp.

Brett - please ask Dan to wear the leopard thong as discussed.

Thanks.

mlp141
10-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Disappointing and late change of plans but I cannot make it.

Please post pics and updates from the festivities.

Rob P
10-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Can somebody post a picture of Daves wreck please? I'd like to see it since I missed it.

Dave, I am sympathetic towards your loss.

bossongs
10-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Thnx McMullen's... Another great event. My entire family had a great time today.

Dave, very glad no one was hurt. Clearly, your sense of humor was unscathed as well! Looking at you hanging from your seat belt asking us if you could count that as your shunt had me in tears in an otherwise tense moment!

Cheers all!

Steve B

Disco96JSWB
10-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Dave definitely had the highlight of the day! Hope you all made it home safe.

Pics- https://plus.google.com/photos/109077591298154301420/albums/5535803179883258129?banner=pwa&authkey=CLbo9tnn1b3IYQ

Let know if they don't work.

-Jake

Disco96JSWB
10-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Dave definitely had the highlight of the day! Hope you all made it home safe.

Pics- https://plus.google.com/photos/yourphotos?banner=pwa
Let know if they don't work.

-Jake

Jake,
This is dad. The link doesn't work.

Disco96JSWB
10-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Jake,
This is dad. The link doesn't work.

You finished last in the trials- The link works perfectly.

Disco96JSWB
10-26-2014, 08:22 PM
You finished last in the trials- The link works perfectly.

That hurts.

Lyle4LClover
10-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Hello all and thank you for another wonderful weekend. Dave Kase, sorry for your truck, let us know if you need anything and hope all went well on the ride home.
Awesome pics, especially the Dave sequence of going over the edge through rolling it back on its wheels!
Campround was well cleaned up and Dad and I finished up the trash, porto-potty, water, etc, etc.
Everyone, let me know if you are missing anything from the weekend. We ended up with a few items that were lost and thinnk we found all the owners.
Once again, thank you, the event isn't an event without participants!
Glad to see the new faces along with those of events past.
Who's up for a "follow Lyle" weekend? Maybe once there's snow on the ground? Let me know.
P.S., anyone else have pics from the event too? Post them up for all to see.
Lyle and family

87xj95disco
10-27-2014, 07:15 AM
glad every one had a good time. i know that dave is a little shaken up but he is alright.
there are a few issues that needs to be addressed but i will do that face to face or on the phone with them.
after that is taken care of and the paper work is done by the end of the week I will NOT be doing or helping out for the spring event.
Tyler (jeep) on saturday had a great time. He learned alot from watching and talking to everyone. thank you for helping him learn more about the sport.

mike

80-One
10-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Suzie sorted through my weekend laundry this morning and she came to an instant analysis………a good time was had by all! She was right!!!! My laundry smelt of fire smoke, BBQ sauce, scotch, french fry grease and diesel exhaust!

Dave, attempting to go through a set of canes on two wheels was a clever move but you did score an "8" as the vehicle rolled! Glad to see that the vehicle and your body retained fluids to the appropriate levels!

Lyle a suggested improvement for the Spring event………have more reclining chairs positioned around the property!

Lyle & Mike thanks for all your efforts.

Cheers
Steve (English)

DiscoSux
10-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Suzie sorted through my weekend laundry this morning and she came to an instant analysis………a good time was had by all! She was right!!!! My laundry smelt of fire smoke, BBQ sauce, scotch, french fry grease and diesel exhaust!

Cheers
Steve (Wales)

Fixed it for ya...

devildog01
10-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks to Dave and Lyle for hosting the event. Thanks to Mike for putting it all together and most important for getting the food. Even though Mike doesn't have a rover, he does an outstanding job at making this event run smooth. And last but not least, thanks to Dave Case for the endless entertainment.

billcooper
10-28-2014, 12:45 AM
Looks like once again we managed to miss a great time. Oh well, one of these days...

galen211
10-28-2014, 01:29 PM
So who won the winch and trophy?

devildog01
10-28-2014, 08:32 PM
You would know if you were there! :D

87xj95disco
10-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Rob P. (from lancaster) won first taking the trophy winch and the 50/50
everyones scores very low. i will have to find the paper on who won 2nd n 3rd.

galen211
10-29-2014, 07:57 AM
You would know if you were there! :D

Thank you for pointing out that my life sucks. :p

Rob P
10-29-2014, 09:52 AM
I scored a 15 but that was only good enough for forth place.