PDA

View Full Version : Official Robesonia Spring Trials Thread

Lyle4LClover
03-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Hello everyone, sick of the snow yet? We still have almost 2ft of snowpack here in the mountain but these warm days are melting it fast. There are no bare patches yet except where plowed and there is deep mud there! Should be a very wet Spring event!
Work Days: Saturday April 18th & Sunday April 19th.
Event Day: Saturday April 25th.
Work days will be setup here at my house and across the street. We have many sections up, just simply need to change up several enterances and exits. Please come on out, it's the help that makes this event what it is.
Each day we will be starting at 9:00 AM.
Adress is:
101 E Mountain Ave
Robesonia PA 19551
call me if lost, 484-357-9058
We will offer camping (primitive) on your own both work and event weekends.
For those of you not too keen on tents I am offering up my camper here at the house and/or Dads apartment up in the woods, first come first serve, reserve early.
Work days are free if you get your hands dirty, and yes, there's driving involved.
Event day cost will be the same as last year. Will post pricing later.
As for prizes this year there will again be a winch donated by my father, not sure if we're going to award to a placed finish or simply raffle off this year, still deciding, but either way, someone will be going home with a new winch!
Please let me know if youre planning on coming up for work or event days and if you're camping. I really look forward to seeing eveyone again this year!
PLease email or call me if you have any questions, suggestions or such.
Thank you, Lyle

rvrsrvc
03-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Is Rambo going to be there?

Lyle4LClover
03-09-2015, 07:58 PM
The back yard here in Robesonia mountains.

devildog01
03-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Is Rambo going to be there?

If he is he better pass through a metal and be strip searched before heading up to the campsite.

Rob P
03-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Marking my calendar now. Yes I'm still alive.

Lyle4LClover
03-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Getting there, a few patches of ground are showing through here. There is about a 4 to 6 inch layer of mud everywhere there is no snow. It's like a slurry. You can't even walk on it. I hope some of it hangs around for the event!

billcooper
03-13-2015, 11:48 PM
Might even be able to make it this year, at least for one of the days.

Lyle4LClover
03-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Well folks, at this rate you'll need snow tires and/or chains! I thought the rain and warm temps would melt the snow but here's a pic of the back yard this evening. There are a few more patches of mud thanks to some severe flooding and small land slides but for the most part, it is still all but impassable. I tried using the Series and also my 4x4 four wheeler and could not make it up the hill behind the house. with temps dropping and possible snow Friday, this could be an interesting Spring event!

galen211
03-30-2015, 02:29 PM
I have to order some prizes for the event, how did you guys feel about the stuff at SCC? Same? Different?

I will have new t-shirts and hooded sweatshirts at the event as well!

Frank84
04-01-2015, 12:13 PM
I have to order some prizes for the event, how did you guys feel about the stuff at SCC? Same? Different?

I will have new t-shirts and hooded sweatshirts at the event as well!

Gift certs are always great and a rovers hoodie sounds cool! I'm well loaded on stickers now.

mlp141
04-03-2015, 12:03 AM
I have to order some prizes for the event, how did you guys feel about the stuff at SCC? Same? Different? I will have new t-shirts and hooded sweatshirts at the event as well! what do the new shirts look like? I also made some sketches for a 20 year anniversary logo.

galen211
04-03-2015, 07:56 AM
I was hoping to "unveil" the shirts at Robesonia.

Post up your logo!

crazyfish
04-04-2015, 08:47 AM
I was hoping to "unveil" the shirts at Robesonia.

Ok but this time use Evan as the model. That way we know what it looks like when a bear wears one.

Dan The Man
04-05-2015, 08:57 PM

DiscoSux
04-07-2015, 03:26 PM

What the hell, Dan! does that guy have pants on?!

DiscoSux
04-07-2015, 03:30 PM
I'll be there! I got a sweet, vintage, canvas Coleman tent! 9' x 10' in perfect condition. I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the tip, Brett...

Dan The Man
04-07-2015, 07:56 PM
I'll trade you a sweet bear shirt and go full nekkid for that tent...

devildog01
04-09-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm bringing my gun and lot's of bullets.

Dan The Man
04-09-2015, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna poop in your tent bully...

DiscoSux
04-10-2015, 02:30 PM
any one camping tonight?

Lyle4LClover
04-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Hello everyone, had a very productive work weekend, thanks to those that came out to help set courses, Tom, Jeff, Steve, Tom, Brett, and a few more. Had a great time camping out too.
We now have 10 sections to run. It starts off milder and works its way up to some very, very challenging courses! There are some good surprises and everyone will need to walk the courses before running.
As last year, there will be one "free" shunt per section, and all shunts thereafter will cost you one point at final section score up to two shunts. I like this as it keeps people in the running a little longer and even outs those with bad steering, big tires and longer wheelbases.
So far it looks like the weather this coming weekend will be nice but cool, (preferred if your camping out anyway).
There have been some space added again to the campground to allow for parking and camping and eliminate the chance of a Rover driving over a tent!
Please let me know if you have any questions, need directions, etc.
Thank you, Lyle

dcarr1971
04-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Hey guys! Been a while, but I'm planning to drag myself out to Kerry's Friday night, then turn up bright and early Saturday for this. See you there!

80-One
04-23-2015, 06:16 PM
What is the ETA for campers? Save a place for my mobile love palace.

Three bottles of Scotch and curried chili loaded.

English

Dan The Man
04-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Bret and I will be there tommorrow evening

rvrsrvc
04-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Well that was fun! Thanks to Dave, Lyle, and Donna for hosting this wonderful event once again. Always great to see friends and make new ones. Looking forward to the next event!
Trevor

devildog01
04-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Big thanks to the clan Mcmullen. As usual another great event. It's always lots of fun to make trails when you know you won't be running them!

jakeb44
04-26-2015, 04:47 PM
It was great to see everyone and meet some new faces.
Here are a few pictures I took.
-Jake

https://plus.google.com/photos/109077591298154301420/albums/6142149777752354049

Disco96JSWB
04-26-2015, 08:36 PM
That was a fun day!
Thanks to the McMullans for their hospitality and to Galen for organizing the shirts/sweatshirts and awards.
The old Range Rover was way more entertaining to drive than I'd expected.

galen211
04-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Thanks to the McMullans as always. Their hospitality for this many years has been incredible.

Thank you to all of you for coming. I haven't been to Robesonia for over 6 years and to see the turnout that still comes is awesome!

Lyle4LClover
04-27-2015, 09:33 PM
A BIG thank you to everyone that came out for work days and the event. I love making them more than I like driving them, but only by a little bit. We had two brand new drivers in the trials and one from far enough back it counted as a new driver. It's always good to see new faces. The now "importable" D90's are going to refuel the club and i welcome it! The first three sections were a warm up for the next few. We had the first three done in no time, even with low range popping out of a newbie D90 and some late comers. We then went to the first "technical" "Tyler's Hill" where we had our first "wow" moments. We then moved on to some of the most technical sections we've ever had before in Robesonia. The thing that made me feel better was, that in every section made, there was at least one clear or "0" run. Special Kudo's go to David from the Fort Pitt Club that took one of my wicked sections and made it his own. He took the only clear of the event on that section, he lost a rear side window, but did it just the same. (driver error, I considered it!). The passion in his face while traversing "lower ridge" was amazing! The next two sections were so intense that we only finished 7 of 10 total sections. With only 7 of 10 finished we didn't get to the most non terrain, yet technically challenging sections. Overall it was a great success. With a total of 70 possible points available, Dan cleaned up with a total of only 12 points on the day in his D1. That's with wide tires, fender flares and all! Prizes were very nice thanks to my father for donating another winch, plus gift certificates and more. Dan was also able to take home the Bill Simone memorial trophy. Camping on Friday and Saturday night was COLD but well worth it with fries and pulled pork from Bernie. It was also nice seeing some familiar faces, Bill Cooper, Neil, Kerry, Tom and more. A great time!
Everyone, let me know what you are looking for for Fall as I can make them hard or easy as you want!
We have a head start for Fall of three courses not run in competition plus, as tradition, we could run the others in reverse!!!!!
Thank you everyone again, it's the members that make the club, and without you, the club doesn't exist.
Thank you again!
Lyle McMullan and Family

billcooper
04-28-2015, 09:38 PM
One from Saturday...

dcarr1971
04-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Thank you Lyle, Dave, and everyone else! This was one of the best single days of offroading I've experienced in years.

Lyle, I'd suggest "more of the same" for the Fall event. BTW, I agree on the 'driver error' part...given a little wider angle, or slowing down to let a few people stand on my opposite slider I should have been able to make it through there without losing that window.
(I'm a little rough and sometimes forget the LR instructions: "As slow as possible, as fast as necessary...")

:cool:

At some point, I'll try to go through the video and pics on my GoPro and phone, then I'll post up links.