PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival ?

Tom109
07-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Just stumbled upon this event (http://www.overlandfestival.com/).

Anybody know anything about Main Line Overland???

galen211
07-13-2015, 01:17 PM
I went to the event last year for a couple of hours. This year seems like it is planned to be even bigger. If you have the time I would go. It's in my backyard, but unfortunately we will be at a wedding in Chicago that weekend.

Trevor was asking me about the event too so you could get a pretty good Rover contingent.

kun109
07-13-2015, 05:06 PM
I plan on attending. Seemed to close not to check it out.
Hope to see some of you guys there.

galen211
07-13-2015, 07:16 PM
I plan on attending. Seemed to close not to check it out. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Bummed you'll be in my backyard and I won't be there. You're truck will get a lot of attention there I think!

pushngo
07-14-2015, 08:25 AM
I plan on going down to check it out I think Neil is tagging along also

kun109
07-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Bummed you'll be in my backyard and I won't be there. You're truck will get a lot of attention there I think!

That is a bummer! Better make it it to Conclave this year.

Tom109
07-14-2015, 03:22 PM
To those that are attending - day-trip only, or are you camping?

I might be able to pull away for a long weekend, just not sure I want to spend "days" there...

galen211
07-14-2015, 03:45 PM
To those that are attending - day-trip only, or are you camping?

I might be able to pull away for a long weekend, just not sure I want to spend "days" there...

Part of the whole thing is learning about the local trails in the State Forest. So if you are inclined you don't have to sit there all day, you can go and explore the Forest. There are lots of "driveable trails" in the area that are well known and marked that amount to green lanes.

Tom109
07-18-2015, 07:33 PM
That sounds like a great plan. I'd be in for a wander around the expo day, then State forest Trails on the other days.

rvrsrvc
07-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Debating Friday-Saturday, or Saturday- Sunday.
Schedule is not released yet, but I bet more stuff happening Fri-Sat.
Also bringing the dog unless it's going to be super hot. Summer is not her best season....and, it'll be her first camping trip.

pushngo
08-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Galen is this near the ORV Park?

galen211
08-09-2015, 03:43 PM
What ORV Park? Red Rock?

pushngo
08-09-2015, 04:19 PM
I remember there was a 4 wheeler park they opened to trucks a few years back Justin and I were going to visit as a possible Conclave site I believe near Raystown Lake

Is it Rock Run?

Is the event at Huntingdon? That is about an hour to Rock Run (Patton)

galen211
08-09-2015, 04:39 PM
I remember there was a 4 wheeler park they opened to trucks a few years back Justin and I were going to visit as a possible Conclave site I believe near Raystown Lake Is it Rock Run? Is the event at Huntingdon? That is about an hour to Rock Run (Patton)

Yes, rock run is the place but I know nothing about it.

The event is really in McAlevy's Fort just outside Huntington. It's almost closer to state college than Huntington.

LC Rover
08-09-2015, 06:27 PM
http://www.anthraciteadventure.com
Randy is this the place your thinking about....

galen211
08-10-2015, 01:17 PM
He's talking about Rock Run. It's mostly an ATV place, but they have some truck trails. Everything I have heard about the place is that it is pretty hardcore rock stuff.

http://www.rockrunrecreation.com

pushngo
08-11-2015, 06:22 AM
Yes we were at Anthracite a couple of weeks ago.

I'm thinking about shooting over there Sunday if i can put a couple of other trucks together

galen211
08-17-2015, 09:36 AM
So who went?

LC Rover
08-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Saw a d-90 all tricked out heading south on Rt 15 at the Mansfield exit on Fri. afternoon, just as I was getting off...had NY plates, full roll cage, gray... being flatbedded on trailer by a white pick-up...anyone we know...

rvrsrvc
08-26-2015, 06:36 AM
Neil and I went up for the day Saturday in the LR3. Sunshine, blue skies, full cup of coffee, good company, and that was just in my driveway. Really, couldn't have been better.
The event grounds were really nice, Rovers and ROVERS well represented by many of the usual suspects.

Wandered around, talked to a few non-rover folks, saw some of the vendor displays. I am seriously considering an Everest I from Latitude Campers after seeing the quality built into it.

Unfortunately, was swayed by the mob and off we went with 8 rovers to stir up some dust on the forest roads. Found a little off -shoot to get the tires dirty and the paint pinstriped ( I have 2 other Rovers just for that purpose, why did I drive the shiniest one?).

I didn't participate in any of the event offerings such as training classes or video presentations. I will go next year, maybe stay in my Everest, and see what the classes have to offer.

On the way back, we came upon the immediate aftermath of a deer v. car incident. Stopped to be good sam's and home in time to pick up the neighbors from the airport.

I think this may be an ideal event to bring out new-to-the- club/hobby folks. Maybe we should have some "official" club presence (ie: a banner) there next year, even if it ends up being largely social?

scatterling
08-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Neil and I went up for the day Saturday in the LR3. Sunshine, blue skies, full cup of coffee, good company, and that was just in my driveway. Really, couldn't have been better.

......you're dreamy......I love you......:o

rvrsrvc
08-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Just happened to re-read my post, and at the bottom where it indicates I made an edit, it says "speeling error".