PDA

View Full Version : Need fuel tanks.....

oscar
01-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Project time.

Somewhere before my time the tanks, yes 2, got thoroughly boogered up. To day I pulled them, all lines, pump and tank switching solenoid.

The corrosion of various metals was amazing. Both senders are solid, and will likely never work again.

So, I need fuel tanks.... Rovers North $199..... anyone know of a better deal?

Also, two senders.

I will replace all hoses, I have a good fuel pump. Also putting an electric in line for prime. Will look for a manual selector, airplane style. Thinking of putting two fuel gauges next to the "aftermarket" voltage and oil pressure gauge.

Electrical wiring is also FrankenRover...... I feel like pulling it ALL out and starting over with tinned wire, heat shrink and wired earth to everything.......

galen211
01-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Usually I look at Rovahfarm or Craddocks in the UK.

Rovahfarm is $208 and Craddocks is $118, with shipping RN might be your best bet. Unless you can fly them home. :)

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/series/series-2/parts/fuel-system/552175-fuel-tank-under-seat-1958-85-petrol-and-diesel-originaloblong-shape.html

oscar
01-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Trevor's got nothing.....

Not planning to go to UK anytime soon.....

oscar
01-07-2016, 08:00 PM
$600+ later Rover North gets the deal.....

At least I'll know I have a clean fuel supply at the right pressure.

(I do have a dual tank setup..... hence the extra $$)

oscar
01-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Succes......

Two tanks installed, fuel pump installed.... Two inline filters (one each tank) BEFORE the pump, one more just before the carb. Nothing's getting in there. And, it fired right up. On to electrical.