PDA

View Full Version : Front Cover Question

Trevor
01-22-2016, 10:02 AM
Hello everyone, it's been a while. I hope all are well other than the typical Rover maladies.

I've had a very slow coolant leak for a while that I couldn't seem to track down. Last Saturday, it became quite easy to track down as the flow increased dramatically. The front cover gasket failed at the left side coolant port. Anyway, I have everything torn down to the point of taking the front cover off. The problem is it doesn't seem to want to come off. I have about a mm of separation from the block when I pull on it but it doesn't seem to want to go any farther. Is there a trick to this?

Yes, I have the crankshaft pulley/harmonic balancer removed. The lower left (opposite the oil filter) seems to have the least amount of movement.

Also, are tools LRT-12-090 and LRT-12-089 crucial to reinstall?

Thanks

Trevor
01-22-2016, 06:10 PM
I got it. I tapped on the cover with wooden handle of a hammer while pulling and managed to work it off. Thanks.

rvrsrvc
01-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I was going to suggest it was hung up on an alignment dowel. May want to check the block for flat in the area of the driver's side water passage. I have some hylomar if you want to put a bead on that area- it makes for a good filler in addition to the gasket....