PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Club Picnic

billcooper
06-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Hello All

Just some quick notes for the picnic.

Besides just hanging out talking about rovers, I have about 1.5 miles of general trails cut that most any stock vehicle should be able to manage without too much trouble. There is also a more challenging trail that involves a mud bog and stream, plus some log crossings. Stock trucks may have some trouble with that one but are welcome to try.

If anyone is available for some work weekends, we could add some additional stream crossings and hill climbs to what is already there. I would look at June 24-25 and July 1-2 for prep weekends.

Wanted to know if anyone was interested in having a challenge course with some specially constructed obstacles (Cross axle, etc)

The Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1382727021770119/

billcooper
06-21-2017, 12:39 AM
Just a reminder, hoping to do trail prep this weekend.

Ivar
06-22-2017, 01:33 PM
What is the exact address?

galen211
06-22-2017, 09:19 PM
1 Stony Brook Rd
Blairstown, NJ

mlp141
06-26-2017, 12:00 PM
I hope all is well by then for QQ. Went to load her up to take to VT and she had no brakes. Pedal went right to the floor. Nothing! A few pumps, nada. I inch her out and down the driveway, which is sloped and get her into the street, which is nice and level. I open the MC and it's just about empty. The clutch reservoir in the middle is full, the brake bit is very, very low.

No idea when or where it leaked -- no puddle, no runs on the inside of the wheels. I had the truck out and about a few weeks ago and all was well. I filled the reservoir but no luck. I assume the lines are air-filled and everything will need to be bled. I had no time for that.

So, back into the carport she went, the trailer back into the yard, and (with lots of swearing) off we went.

The drive to VT moved pretty well and I'm so happy to be here. It was chilly when I got up, so a blanket, cup of tea and an unbeatable view of Lake Champlain.

I guess it's not all that bad.

galen211
06-29-2017, 10:06 AM
So who all is coming? Michael, you going to come even if Roverless? I'll actually have one this year. :)

mlp141
06-30-2017, 01:14 PM
Probably. Not 100%.

We are on vacation in VT and will be coming home on the 6th. I can probably recover and make my way up -- probably sans Rover.

Frank84
07-03-2017, 09:06 AM
I'll be there Saturday - looking forward to seeing everyone

billcooper
07-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Quick note for all planning to attend. There is no set schedule of events, but here is a rough outline.

You can arrive anytime. We will be hanging out throughout the morning, and the trails are immediately across the street so wheeling can occur at any time.

About mid-day if people are interested we can get some pizza from the local pizzeria.

Saturday afternoon will be hanging out on the wooded trail, and there is a small challenge course set up, might even see if we can have some sort of prize/trophy.

Late afternoon we will be providing hamburgers and hot dogs for all, but if people would like to bring things to add, that would be great.

Camping is available both by the garages and across the road in the trail area.

For anyone hanging out into the evening, I have a small projector and a collection of old Rover promotional films, thought we could throw those on.

For any who stay over, Sunday will be just general play on the trails and head home.

Any questions shoot me a note.

Bill

Disco96JSWB
07-03-2017, 01:45 PM
So who all is coming? Michael, you going to come even if Roverless? I'll actually have one this year. :)

Jake and I will be there. Looking forward to it.

galen211
07-05-2017, 11:04 AM
Looks to be a good turnout this year. :o

I will buy drinks (soda, water, etc) and some snacks.

I can buy a prize/trophy if you would like Bill?

billcooper
07-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Sure. Maybe a simple prize of some kind. There is a simple 10 gate course laid out in the upper area. Nothing too strenuous but if we get rain this week I know you can sink an LR4 in it. I had planned to make a trophy out of some things I have here but ran out of time.

Ivar
07-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Was intending to come out of the woodwork, but now cannot make it. Pity :(

One day!

Frank84
07-07-2017, 03:50 PM
See you all tomorrow. I should be getting there around 1:00 - 1:30.

Lyle4LClover
07-09-2017, 08:31 PM
I even had the 109 ready to make the trip! Work called last minute and made me miss it. I had a great time last year and will definitely plan on next year, as long as I don't have 3 guys quit with no notice again! Hope everyone had a good time!

billcooper
07-10-2017, 01:21 AM
A few vids from that trail cam everyone seemed to want to hit... :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLBYskz-fMc

galen211
07-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Thanks to Bill and Patty for having us all out. It was a great day, fun trails and yummy food.

Looking forward to next year!

pushngo
07-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Yes a lot of fun looking forward to next year

Frank84
07-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Fantastic picnic once again, thanks Bill and Patty!