PDA

View Full Version : Roversclub 10th anniversary picnic!

jason
06-08-2005, 08:29 PM
In case you haven't heard, our beloved club has been around for 10 whole years! We will be having a picnic on September 17th for all members, friends, family, sponsors, vendors, dealers, shops, and anyone else you can think of inviting. Yes, you can even invite jeep owners as long as they swear their undying love and devotion to the Land Rover marque in front of everyone in attendance. This is going to be a catered affair, so be on the lookout for an RSVP card in the near future. We will have a special limited edition 10th anniversary t-shirt designed by our very own Hillary Zee which will instantly make you cool as soon as you put it on. There will also be a slathering of ROVERS, Land Rover, and roversclub.org stickers, shirts, and other related paraphernalia. So, be on the lookout for more details to follow.

Alvin
06-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Jason, has there been a decision as to where the picnic will take place?

jason
06-11-2005, 10:15 PM
The location is to be announced, however, a safe bet would be south east PA, close to where the Sortout will be. It will be catered, and (informal) invitations will be sent out. It will be open to everyone, so the invitation responses (RSVP) will serve as a gauge for our caterers.

G4Jeffro
06-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Try Brandywine picnic park its near by has rides for the kids and good food

87xj95disco
06-22-2005, 07:26 PM
you just had to say it.
even jeep owns HAHA
i will be there just need to know asap to mark off from work.
and maybe just maybe i will bring the JEEP.
maybe not just have to wait and see.

jason
06-26-2005, 10:28 PM
:DYou know that Jeep thing? I actually do understand. I can't knock Jeeps since I've been driving my Commanche every day for the last two months while my RR is in "time out" for being bad. Also, thanks for the suggestion for Brandywine, it was our first choice. Unfortunately, the 17th is unavailable at their location, and we have commited to that date. We are currently looking at catering bids to host at our own location, so I'll keep you posted. Please keep the suggestions for venue coming, though.

jason
08-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Greetings All,
We finally have a solid venue for our 10th anniversary picnic! It will be held at:

St. Anthony's in the Hills
6730 Limestone Rd
Avondale, PA 19311
Big pavilion by the pool (pool will be closed, perhaps we can fill it with mud and watch Trevor or Bill drive through it)
11AM-5PM
All food and drink is included
$5.00 per family club fee

You will be receiving a postcard invitation (provided we have the proper address on file) and response is mandatory. RSVP is a must as this is a catered event and the club is paying per exact headcount. RSVP must be received here by Aug 31 via post.

R.O.V.E.R.S.
P/O Box 43
Avondale, PA 19311-0043

If you are a new member, or you've recently moved , or you feel we may have incorrect information for you, or you just figured out your address, or you're hiding from the authorities, please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing membershiproversclub@yahoo.com with your name, address, and phone number.
I'm looking forward to this, it should be a blast!
:)

jason
08-21-2005, 02:19 PM
For those of you that have the technology and are not afraid to use it, the GPS coordinates for the picnic location are as follows:

N 39* 47.678'
W 75* 43.626'

crazyfish
08-26-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm heading out for vacation, so I'm afraid I'm going to miss the event!
Take pics and have fun!

jason
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Your witty banter will be sorely missed! Enjoy your vacation! :D

jason
09-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Tom and Mira,
Thank you so much for organizing such a wonderful event! An excellent venue, great food, and enjoyable conversations. I consider myself an aficionado of BBQ and all things slow cooked, (which just means I enjoy spicy, smoky, and fatty foods), and I must say the chicken and pulled pork was outstanding! The kids loved the playground and the "indoor puddle", and Elaine really enjoyed meeting all of you whom I've been touting over the last few years as "a nice bunch of people with common oil leaks". For those of you who missed it, the cake was worth the price of admission! I'll have pictures up shortly. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for attending, and I'm looking forward to the next awesome event! :)

Frank84
09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
I'd also like to thank Tom and Mira - great event with great food. I even got a mechanics lesson and a chance to drive two series trucks!

crazyfish
09-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Sounds like I missed some fun! Who took pics?????

jason
10-08-2005, 02:07 PM
:confused: Tried to upload pictures. I am apparently technologically inept.