PDA

View Full Version : Fall Robesonia Trials Event Oct. 26-28, 2018

galen211
09-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Once again this year the ROVERS Club will be holding their Fall Trials event at 101 E. Mountain Ave., Robesonia, PA 19551.

Trials events are a skill based event where you attempt to navigate your truck through a series of gates in each section. Gates are numbered in descending order and the object is to get through without touching them. Lowest score wins! The property is rocky, hilly and with mature trees. The course is laid out with challenge in mind, not carnage and some bypasses do exist.

Friday night is set up hanging by the campfire.

Saturday is the trials event with local pizza for lunch and a potluck dinner at the camp site.

Sunday will be camp break down.

There will be prizes in all the categories and usually a raffle at the end of the event.

Camping is primitive.

$25 for participants, Spectators/Non-drivers are $5.

Both Saturday and Sunday events start at 9 a.m.

vwauditech
09-21-2018, 08:39 PM
When can we arrive and set up camp on Friday?

galen211
09-24-2018, 08:22 AM
I'll check with Lyle because I believe some folks are there all day, but most people start arriving after work anywhere from 4:00 on.

DiscoSux
10-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Will there be any trees along any of the courses? The last time I ran I had an encounter...

galen211
10-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Will there be any trees along any of the courses? The last time I ran I had an encounter...

All trees and rocks will be removed prior to the event for your safety. :D

billcooper
10-05-2018, 12:14 AM
Posting for Lyle.

Just a reminder that there will be work weekends Oct 13-14 and Oct 20-21.

Anyone wanting input as to which tree they will hit should come help lay out the courses.

DiscoSux
10-07-2018, 11:27 PM
Thanks Bill! Good reminder! I had my tree removed after I hit it and rolled my 5-speed...

Posting for Lyle.

Just a reminder that there will be work weekends Oct 13-14 and Oct 20-21.

Anyone wanting input as to which tree they will hit should come help lay out the courses.

Steve Taylor
10-14-2018, 12:49 PM
Lizzy and I went down to help yesterday, there was only Lyle and Tom out there. That said 5 routes were set, so only 5 next weekend.

Steve

Lyle4LClover
10-14-2018, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone, had a great first work weekend. Thanks to Tom (who still doesn't have a Rover :() and Steve and Lizzy for helping to create 5 sections. We have used familiar terrains that we've used in the past and reused some parts of sections but everything has a new twist. Some areas we haven't used in quite a long time. We were able to complete 5 really challenging sections. It was a light turnout for a work weekend so thanks again to those who worked their butts off to make it happen. Today we ended up finishing cleanup at the campground and were able to get my Series II 88" running!
Next weekend I need to disappear for a few hours to go pick up my daughter and her husband on their way back from their honeymoon in Scotland but will be there the rest of the weekend. We have 5 more sections to complete and several set up ready to go, just need some changes, enhancements, etc. We can always make all new sections too if we get enough help. Work days are where you can help create what the event will be and create the fun for yourself and everyone else. Work days are free camping too! The first 5 sections are extremely challenging but can still be done with almost any truck. If anyone has any questions please let me know. Hope to see you here!
Thanks, Lyle

Lyle4LClover
10-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Hello everyone, anyone planning on being here at Robesonia this weekend? 5 more sections to make! I have to disappear at 2 PM on Saturday to go pick up my daughter at the airport in Philly. Plan on working till we have our 10 sections. You’ll like the first 5, especially with one being a whole new twist we’ve never done before. Let me know!
Thanks, Lyle

vwauditech
10-19-2018, 07:32 PM
Would pets new allowed? We lost our sitter and if we can't arrange something else, we have have to bring our two Jack Russell's. They've been camping with us many times.

Lyle4LClover
10-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Well behaved leashed pets are allowed.

DiscoSux
10-26-2018, 11:08 AM
RAIN or SHINE tomorrow?

100% chance tonight - think I'll stay warm and dry at home instead of camping.

DiscoSux
10-26-2018, 11:09 AM
Well behaved leashed pets are allowed.

Come on, Lyle! You know Randy gets a rash if he wears a collar...

galen211
10-26-2018, 11:54 AM
Yes, rain or shine. Those that cancel an offroad event because of weather should be ashamed of themselves. :)

DiscoSux
10-29-2018, 11:04 AM
Who has pics/videos? Please share!

I had a great time learning my new rig. Met some new, great people and tolerated the others. It was good to see the old gang. Thanks to Galen for the great prizes and doing what he does. Thanks to Dave and Lyle for the set up and providing the land on which to have this great event. Thanks to the LR gurus for the repair assistance as needed (relatively minor this trip).

That mountain was slick...

Disco96JSWB
11-06-2018, 01:11 PM
Who has pics/videos? Please share!

Were there pics?

DiscoSux
11-17-2018, 12:29 AM
Were there pics?

No word....