PDA

View Full Version : Exceleration shake

Unregistered
06-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I have a 96 Disco and had new shocks and springs put on about 4 months ago. I recently took a short road trip and noticed that at 70 MPH the car felt like I was driving on rough roads even though the road was new and looked smooth. As a few weeks went by I noticed that on exceleration from a dead stop the car had a shimmer (mild shaking) until I got up to about 15 mph and then it smoothed out. I called the company (a one man shop) that put on my springs and shocks and he was shut down. I was wondering if the guy put on bad shocks or is the car just having some problems that need attention.

Alvin
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi. First, please register on the board so we know who we are talking to. It's free to register. As to your problem, it could be a number of things. Some things to look at are the bolts that hold the shock absorber to the suspension. Then check to make sure that the springs are seated correctly. Also, check the motor mounts. It could be some other problem, but the first things I would check are those. They are all relatively easy to check out visually.

Alvin
06-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Another thing just dawned on me. Check your lug nuts for tightness. It could be that you have loose lug nuts on one of your rims and that might be the vibration. AND that would be extremely dangerous.