PDA

View Full Version : DII Transn FYI

Frank84
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
just in case anybody runs into the same problem i had this past weekend...

after covering the truck in mud on the ringwood trip i drove around for a day and then decided to wash it before returning the truck to my dad for work on monday. i washed it well - even underneath (but with just a garden hose and nozzle). when it was started the next day the transmission was flashing the "M" and "S" lights and only operated in third gear - not really driveable.

i called the service department at LR Paramus and they told me i probably got water in the "XYZ connector" that is near the shift linkage and i should let it dry out. they said i may need a reset with the computer, but maybe i'd get lucky.

i unhooked the battery and disconnected the grey connector near where the shift cable attaches to the trans. i sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner and let it sit for 4 hours. i put the connector back together and reconnected the battery and the thing shifts again and the warning lights are out! hopefully this will be of some help to someone and hopefully my problem doesn't return.

moral of the story: don't wash your truck