PDA

View Full Version : Transmission for Series III

Ken Heaton
07-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi All,
I need a transmission for my Series III, does anyone have any leads on where to get one?
:confused:

Thanks,
Ken

LC Rover
07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
I just finished rebuilding my gear box. Fairly straight forward on a rebuild. How bad is your current box. Any ? just give a yell. Cheaper than getting a new one and no questions on passed history on a second box. Just my 2 cents.

LC Rover

crazyfish
07-23-2006, 10:41 PM
I have a newly rebuilt one in my garage- that goes in my vehicle someday, the one in mine goes to Evan, so there's at least one extra floating around.

galen211
07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Ken,

I have to agree with Larry. The transmission that we put in my truck was an alleged military rebuild and it didn't last 300 miles once it was installed. Now that we are rebuilding it I know exactly what is going on in there and have only myself to blame if something goes wrong.

This is of course assuming you at least have a transmission. If you don't have one then Sean's option is another way to go.

Ken Heaton
07-24-2006, 09:28 PM
OK Guys,
I get the message, the transmission is probably able to be rebuilt, but the transfer case is not. It is pretty badly beaten up, and has seen some severe duty. The gears are broken and the shafts are worn. The housing itself has been worn away where one of the gears spun on it. So if I could get a decent transfer case, I would attempt to rebuild it.

So it looks like I am in the market for a transfer case.:rolleyes:

jason
07-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Ken, if there is one in my parts truck, you are welcome to that along with the hubs. 5 year 50,000 mile warranty sold separately.:D

Frank84
07-25-2006, 08:31 AM
for some reason i find it funny, but perhaps not surprising, that you don't even know if there is a transmission in one of your trucks

jason
07-25-2006, 08:37 PM
The parts truck is so far gone that I'm not sure what is salvageable and what is "Ringwood recyclable", if you know what I mean. The drive-train seems to be fairly intact, but I think the trans is missing, if I remember correctly. The truck is parked in my old impound yard in Bridgewater, and I haven't been over there in months. I'm actually surprised you didn't ask how much the extended warranty was!;)

Ken Heaton
07-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey Jason,
That would be coooolll.

Ken, if there is one in my parts truck, you are welcome to that along with the hubs. 5 year 50,000 mile warranty sold separately.:D

:eek: