PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to understand this Series thing...

galen211
07-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Last night started to put my transmission back together to solve my problems and the shifter suddenly moved any direction it wanted to.

Discovered the locating pin had fallen out and was probably not correct in the first place. Twenty minutes later and with the miraculous use of a perfect fitting random bolt from my bins (I knew I kept that stuff around for some reason) I had the shifter back in working order.

It truly is like an onion, peel back this problem only to discover the next one. But don't push to hard because it will peel away the next layer (problem).

The good news is I think the reverse slider gear was in backwards and may have been my problem. Put the tranmission back together tonight and see if that wasn't the problem.

I just hope I don't find another problem in the process.

If that LR didn't look so good sitting there in new paint and tires it would be in serious trouble.:D

sven
07-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Cool, pretty soon you'll be driving that thing to work!

galen211
07-26-2006, 03:55 PM
yeah, my hour and ten minute commute can become two hours if I even make it.;)

jason
07-26-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm looking forward to streching my 5 minute commute to an hour and 10 minutes once my IIa is running. Can't wait to join in your desperation. Strength in numbers, my brother.:p