PDA

View Full Version : SIII Heater Controls

galen211
08-24-2006, 03:24 PM
I am in the process of putting a new dash in as the PO "created" one himself. Anyway I have the heater control that goes along the side of the dash but I am not sure which control goes to which switch. One switch has 2 detents and the other appears to have 3, but this may not be correct.

What I can't figure out is would the vent opening only have two positions or the hot/cold control. In my mind they would both be able to stop anywhere in between. Maybe it doesn't matter which one I use each control.

I assume the inside switch has the same function on LHD vs. RHD and same for the outer switch since they are a mirrored part.

thanks,
Galen

LC Rover
08-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Galen:
Outboard controls the direction, inboard controls the temp.(hot and hotter).
Yours being a RHD truck like mine, I put a restrictor in the hose going to the defroster on the left hand side (the holder for the candle for a heating food trays and put a half inch hole in the middle) so most of the air gets diverted to the right hand side so the defroster works somewhat. Hope this helps some. TYL.

Larry
75 XMOD 88:D

jason
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Galen,
speaking of vents, I was able to salvage the bulkhead vent covers including the hinges and pins, as well as the "handle thingys", but not much else. Yours if you want them.
Jason

galen211
08-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Galen,
speaking of vents, I was able to salvage the bulkhead vent covers including the hinges and pins, as well as the "handle thingys", but not much else. Yours if you want them.
Jason

What about the bulkhead itself?

jason
09-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Unsalvagable