PDA

View Full Version : Fall Robesonia

Peter
10-05-2006, 03:19 PM
McMullen's-thanks for hosting the best event! Always a highlight of my year. Hope I can make this year.

jason
10-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks for getting the thread going Peter, I was just about to mention it. Robesonia will be November 11th this fall, and certain to be an excellent event. I am picking up some prizes today and I'm sure some of our loyal sponsors will step up to the plate as they always do. So put it on your calendar now!

November 11th 2006!
Sign in 8:30 - 9:30
Current members only

Email membershiproversclub@yahoo.com if you have questions regarding your membership status.

crazyfish
10-11-2006, 12:16 AM
The McMullens offered camping space before - anyone up for it this year? either night is fine with me

jason
10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
You know, I've always wanted to take them up on that offer. I think I'll work a little harder towards that this time around. What are you thinking? Friday night?

galen211
10-12-2006, 09:31 AM
I could be talked into camping too.......as long is it doesn't rain.

galen211
10-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks for getting the thread going Peter, I was just about to mention it. Robesonia will be November 11th this fall, and certain to be an excellent event. I am picking up some prizes today and I'm sure some of our loyal sponsors will step up to the plate as they always do. So put it on your calendar now!

November 11th 2006!
Sign in 8:30 - 9:30
Current members only

Email membershiproversclub@yahoo.com if you have questions regarding your membership status.

Jason,

Can people join there or must they already be a member?

Also, are we limiting the number of vehicles again?

Work days?

Randy
10-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm in. Galen posted on Dweb that there is a form somewhere?

mlp141
10-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I am in for camping too!

Peter
10-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm in. Galen posted on Dweb that there is a form somewhere?

http://roversclub.org/docs/RobesoniaTrial.doc

Randy
10-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Anyone have an email address for lyle mcmullen?

galen211
10-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Anyone have an email address for lyle mcmullen?

Not sure how current this is but it's off the club mailing list.

Lyle4lclover at aol.com

crazyfish
10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Just thinking out loud here, the event is saturday. If we camped on friday night, that doesn't leave any time in the light. So. if we camped on Saturday night, we could have a Series shop day. Bring all those dogged Series that need 2 hours of smart guy service to get them up to speed, have a cold beverage or three, camp and head out on sunday.

Would have to pass this by the McMullens of course.

jason
10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Go to Roversclub.org, then the "contact us" page for Lyle's e-mail.

Galen, the work day will most likely be the weekend before the 11th. Still waiting on confirmation for that since Lyle works every weekend.

Yes, you must be a member in good standing (paid up) to enter the event.

No, there is no truck limit. In the event of more than 20 trucks participating, the field will be split in two.

Members will be able to renew on site, and new members can sign up.

Lots of good prizes, too!

Randy
10-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Not sure how current this is but it's off the club mailing list.

Lyle4lclover at aol.com

Thanks Galen, I'm thinking I'll just fill out the form, scan it and send it to him in .pdf format to print.

jason
10-14-2006, 12:08 AM
if we camped on Saturday night, we could have a Series shop day. Bring all those dogged Series that need 2 hours of smart guy service to get them up to speed, have a cold beverage or three, camp and head out on sunday.

Do you think Dave has room for a "resting" 88, to quote Ben. I would love to get my truck into a smart guy service bay. My only concern is that it would frustrate too many people at once. Agreed, the camping part would be better on Saturday. Unless it's raining, of course.

jason
10-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Hey Sean! Happy Birthday!:D

crazyfish
10-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks jason, my rover and I are aging, not sure which one is better!

Soooooo... I hear rumors of some great prizes this year... hope I can drive it!

crazyfish
10-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Just read the write up for Robesonia in Nov LRM! Way to go who ever submitted it.

jason
10-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Greetings Everyone,
Lyle has sent out the smoke signals for the work day to set up for the Robesonia trials courses. It's a great time if you can make it, and gives you a "fair" advantage if you are competing on the 11th. The prizes this time around (provided by 4X4 Adventure Gear and R.O.V.E.R.S.) are really great with something for everyone. Now for the info:

"Our work days will be Sat and Sun the 4th and 5th of November. We will start at 9 A.M. both days. The amount of help on the work days will determine how much different the course will be from last year. We will break for lunch as usual to Tony's pizza at the end of town. Brush clearing tools would be best if we are to make a new course on the upper side now covered in stickers. Most canes are still up, or at least close to where they should be, just laying on the ground so we should have enough." - Lyle

By the way, check out LRM for coverage on Robesonia if you would like to know what it's all about. See you there.

GadgetRick
11-01-2006, 03:06 AM
I've cleared the 11th and convinced the wife to come along. Never been to any kind of trials event like this so it should be ineteresting and fun. :)

GadgetRick
11-01-2006, 03:07 AM
What is the address of where the trials are? Is it the 101 Mountain Ave? Easier to use the GPS than read directions. :)

The Rickster

Peter
11-01-2006, 04:19 AM
Result precision address
Address 101 E MOUNTAIN AVE
City ROBESONIA
State PA
Zip 19551-9645
Country US
Latitude 40.340548
Longitude -76.140252
Coordinates
40.340548, -76.140252
N40°20.43288, W076°8.41512

I used http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert?form=address to find the coordinates.

tightlines
11-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Damn it...not going to be around...got to go fishing in Venezuela for 10 days...haha...

jason
11-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Anyone still thinking of camping on Sat night? I'm in, just curious if I'll be drinking alone.

cboy
11-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Anyone still thinking of camping on Sat night?

I may be up for camping. Is there wheeling on Sunday also? I wouldn't want to camp out overnight just to drive home in the morning. :p

.eric

GadgetRick
11-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks Peter. Don't need the coordinates, just the address.... :)

Looking forward to finally meeting more of you. I've not been able to make any of the events (other than the Ringwood cleanups). Finally have the day free for one of our events! :)

Never done any kind of trials thing so it'll be fun.

rvrsrvc
11-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Well, I've finally removed most of the mud from MAR so I think my Disco again qualifies as a lightweight! Can't wait to see how responsive she is with out all of the ballast!
Plus, I've fixed the diff leaks, the air line leak for the lockers, fitted two new tyres, replaced the winch motor and installed the new license plate. Ready to go!

galen211
11-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Between the response here and Dweb I think we may have a nice turn out.

Accuweather is calling for 60 degrees and sunny this far out but then again they said the same thing about MAR two days before the event so I'll believe it when I see it.

LC Rover
11-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Who has plans on going on Sat. or Sunday for the work days. David and I planning on being there on Sat.

LC Rover

87xj95disco
11-03-2006, 05:44 PM
i will be there as usual on sat and sunday to get them ready
and will be to help trail guide on the 11th
(getting the trails ready gives me a chance to play for 2 days " in my jeep
ha ha" can wait to see every one soon )
later

jason
11-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I may be up for camping. Is there wheeling on Sunday also? I wouldn't want to camp out overnight just to drive home in the morning. :p

.eric

I think some were planning on a shop day Sunday at Dave's. I may be driving to the in-laws afterwards, so now I'm about 50/50 on camping. I'm pretty sure you could wheel all you want on Sunday anyway.

Who has plans on going on Sat. or Sunday for the work days. David and I planning on being there on Sat.

I'll miss work day due to shop day, but I hope you guys have a great time. Mike, keep in mind when you're mapping out the courses that we may have to split entrants into two groups. Traffic flow up and down the mountain will need to be considered when setting up starts and stops. Expect 20-25 trucks.
Jason

87xj95disco
11-04-2006, 08:47 AM
we can split in to 2 groups we just need enough people to guide in both
areas.i will say something to the other guys.
its 745 and im heading out cya

87xj95disco
11-05-2006, 08:20 AM
we are going to split the group in to 2
but we need people to help out guiding.
with about 20-25 rovers being there we need the
extra help.
we go alot done on sat. just have to finish up today.
I OWN RIDGE RUN AND RIDGE LINE HA HA HA
will have to get pic from sat to show

jason
11-05-2006, 09:03 AM
If we split into two groups, the group driving is marshalled by the group waiting. This way the traffic is cut in half on the trails, and the event moves much more quickly because there is no waiting for spotters, results, and stalled traffic. I'm pretty sure we can move both groups through the first half of the course before lunch as we have in the past.

galen211
11-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Bring your rain gear....

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=19551&metric=0

At least it won't be cold...

GadgetRick
11-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Hmm, looks like a slight chance of rain.

Anyway, looking forward to giving this trials thing a go.

cboy
11-09-2006, 09:26 AM
How late does this event usually run to? I have to go help a friend swap out a tranny.

galen211
11-09-2006, 10:16 AM
How late does this event usually run to? I have to go help a friend swap out a tranny.

Usually in the ballpark of 4-5:00 is when everything wraps up.

jason
11-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Camping is out for me,:mad: but it looks like I might have my truck in time. :D

galen211
11-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Jason,

Do you need me to run off some newsletters or will you bring the extras I made you?

jason
11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
I've got the stack packed to bring with me.

rvrsrvc
11-10-2006, 10:21 AM
It just occurred to me that I hadn't pre-registered. Is there is still room for me? And John Bradshaw? and Derek Dilks?

galen211
11-10-2006, 10:26 AM
It just occurred to me that I hadn't pre-registered. Is there is still room for me? And John Bradshaw? and Derek Dilks?

Yep, no limit this year.

rvrsrvc
11-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Cool.

LC Rover
11-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Any series from the Phila. area, want to hook up for the drive out manana.
LC Rover

crazyfish
11-10-2006, 07:33 PM
well, if a certain yellow Short Bus is seen on the road, find out who's driving it!

LC Rover
11-10-2006, 11:13 PM
If a certain bulk head is hanging out the back of the truck, It's my reward

LC Rover:D

rvrsrvc
11-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Well, thanks again to the Mcmullan's for hosting and everyone who helped get this event going! Diabolocal, evil and threatening were some of the words 2-year old Max was using to describe the sections on the lower course. Sorry we couldn't stay longer; we still had a fantastic time and it's always great to see everybody!

Trevor, Andrea and Max.

GadgetRick
11-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Was a great event. Had a blast. Great (finally) meeting many of you. Only took minor trail damage. Found a little dent and cracked paint. No worries.

Also found a leaking rear diff at the seal where the drive shaft goes into it. Having the dealer take a look at it this week. Thank goodness for warranties... :)

Also thanks to Jon and Adrian. Great 1st prize! Thanks for the diff guards. Put them on last night. I feel MUCH better now... :)

jason
11-12-2006, 09:28 PM
It was really nice to see such a great turnout. Thanks again to everyone's hard work prepping the trails, and thanks to John and Adrian for once again sponsoring an event. My truck and Paul's truck also have the QT diff guards from www.4x4AG.com, and I highly recommend getting them. We both waited until there were holes in the pumpkins before protecting them. Get John or Adrian on the phone to get your bits protected.

crazyfish
11-13-2006, 12:14 PM
78 images uploaded into the gallery. Send your images on CD to

Crazy Fish
90 East State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901

Who knows, one may even end up in LRM.

Randy
11-13-2006, 01:30 PM
First of all, thanks so much to the McMullen's....they really are so very kind and generous in hosting all of us to their beautiful property.

GadgetRick, sorry I didn't get to meet you, or did I??? What were you driving?

BensFC101, same thing, sorry I didn't get to meet you, or did I? What were you driving?

Sean, just remember, don't believe everything you read!

English, you owe me an PS outside rear-view mirror!! Or a case of Wine gums! LOL (or I'll tell Suzi the garage door comment!!!)

Jason, you are doing an incredible job as Commander-in-Chief!

Galen, dude, you are something else with those newsletters!!

John C and Adrian, you guys are really the best! This is how many times you have sponsored prizes for this event? (I hope you guys all give them business in return!!)

Evan, gimme a hug man! (or is that a man hug?)

Organisers (please note that the following comments are tongue in cheek, however there is a smidgen of truth to it): On behalf of the "Disco Drivers and Competitors Anti-Defamation League" DDCADL for short, I want to lodge our annual complaint. Discos and Series trucks do not a class make. -Advantage SWB Series on 97% of the course due to narrowness of the gates. Little to no advantages for coilers, except LWBs who got 2 shunts on many trails to none for the discos.
-Running first on the upper course, I had at least one opportunity to point out to Lyle that the first gate was physically narrower than the width of a Disco!! Thats an automatic 10! LOL Lyle was persuaded to make an adjustments.
-Here is my recomendation. 2 Classes, leaf and coil. In both classes, give the long wheelbase vehicles a 10 point credit at the end (1 pt for each trail) to even them up. Award prizes to the top 2 finishers in each class.
-OK, my whining about finishing 2nd to last (Only Randy Williams had a harder time, but he had an excuse!) is complete. Please feel free to ignore me until next Robesonia!

Congrats to the top three finishers, they really are masters of the leaf sprung Series trucks, and I know that isn't always easy. Cheers!!

bens101fc
11-13-2006, 01:30 PM
78 images uploaded into the gallery. Send your images on CD to

My photos are at: http://www.fourfold.org/bens/Events/Robesonia-Fall2006/

If anyone wants I can email/post on fourfold full 5MP versions of photos.

I had a great time and made it back home despite the cranky LR.

Ben

galen211
11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Organisers (please note that the following comments are tongue in cheek, however there is a smidgen of truth to it): On behalf of the "Disco Drivers and Competitors Anti-Defamation League" DDCADL for short, I want to lodge our annual complaint. Discos and Series trucks do not a class make. -Advantage SWB Series on 97% of the course due to narrowness of the gates. Little to no advantages for coilers, except LWBs who got 2 shunts on many trails to none for the discos.
-Running first on the upper course, I had at least one opportunity to point out to Lyle that the first gate was physically narrower than the width of a Disco!! Thats an automatic 10! LOL Lyle was persuaded to make an adjustments.
-Here is my recomendation. 2 Classes, leaf and coil. In both classes, give the long wheelbase vehicles a 10 point credit at the end (1 pt for each trail) to even them up. Award prizes to the top 2 finishers in each class.
-OK, my whining about finishing 2nd to last (Only Randy Williams had a harder time, but he had an excuse!) is complete. Please feel free to ignore me until next Robesonia!

Congrats to the top three finishers, they really are masters of the leaf sprung Series trucks, and I know that isn't always easy. Cheers!!

I agree 100% and I talked to 2 out of 3 winners and they agreed also!

galen211
11-13-2006, 02:04 PM
My photos are at: http://www.fourfold.org/bens/Events/Robesonia-Fall2006/

If anyone wants I can email/post on fourfold full 5MP versions of photos.

I had a great time and made it back home despite the cranky LR.

Ben

Ben,

Good to meet you after seeing all your posts. Thanks to you and Christina for bringing me the shock.

What was the little square box on the front center of your roof? I didn't get a chance to ask you Saturday.

bens101fc
11-13-2006, 02:24 PM
BensFC101, same thing, sorry I didn't get to meet you, or did I? What were you driving?

Cranky blue SIII 88 with Jap kill flag on the driver's door--same as my avatar.

Ben

bens101fc
11-13-2006, 02:30 PM
-OK, my whining about finishing 2nd to last (Only Randy Williams had a harder time, but he had an excuse!) is complete.

How do you know that you were second from bottom? From what I saw the cards were handed in, the top scorers found and the cards handed back. I didn't see (and I could be wrong here), the data compiled into a master score sheet. I asked and llearned that the winner was about 33 points. I was around 50 (before the 88 handicap)--I dunno if that was dead last, ok or pretty good.

If this was compiled, I'd love to see the data and see where I screwed up compared to the otheres. If not, I can volunteer to bring a laptop the next time and key in the data. I think that it would be interesting to see exactly where the wheelbases get hung up on a given stage. Also if we have longer runs of data then we can put in fairer handicaps based on wheel base. Heck we could even put in per-driver handicaps if need be. :)

Ben

bens101fc
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Good to meet you after seeing all your posts. Thanks to you and Christina for bringing me the shock.

What was the little square box on the front center of your roof? I didn't get a chance to ask you Saturday.

1. FYI, it is Cristina, not Christina. (My wife is Christina and both of them are friends so I forever have to keep them differentiated or suffer the wrath of making a mistake.)

2. Before GPSes became popular I had a black box model with a huge plastic antenna (round with 3" or 4" in diamater and it stuck up 2" from it's mount). I cut and folded up some metal in an attempt to protect the antenna. Soon afterwards (after the holes were cut into the roof), I bought a Garmin 12XL which has a little tiny external antenna. So that got mounted on a raised platform inside the older antenna mount.

Ben

galen211
11-13-2006, 02:41 PM
ahhh....

I thought it was some special Rover gizmo that I was missing out on.

FYI I scored a 72 not including the handicap. They did not tally up the scorecards into a master sheet. I know because I always want the scores for the newsletter and some people take their score cards back so I have no idea who had what.

Frank84
11-13-2006, 03:28 PM
that event was amazing - the terrain was so much more difficult than anything I'd driven before

since i didn't want to destroy my dad's DII, Jason was kind enough to let me drive Paul's red rangie quite a bit:)

if i can make one request i'd say don't change the "tower of terror" section at all for next year!

LRM
11-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Dave/Lyle..........great day, thanks.

Can someone zap me the results (names/truck/points) to lrmna@lrm.co.uk?

Also, I'm after 10-15 high res. shots of both groups.

CD's should be sent to

LRM
Steve Hoare
PO Box 2386
Warminster
PA 18974

Cheers
Steve

mlp141
11-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Steve, Sean and Galen -- I am sending each of you a CD containing the 74 images I made at Robesonia on Saturday. Please let me know when they find each of you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

--P

jason
11-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Randy, thanks for the support. We can be fairly certain that there will be two seperate classes at the next event. I do have all of the score cards and can post the results. We determined that the 5 point handicap didn't make a difference in the top three places, so it was left out, however, I do agree that the advantage is quite severe. I think aside from that, there is not much to improve on. Yes, the gates could be a little wider, but that is part of the fun. We just need to figure out a way to make it fair for all. Keep the suggestions coming!

jason
11-14-2006, 12:57 AM
I guess there should also be a seperate class for monster trucks.;) Maybe Randy could crush some cars next time as the lunch-time entertainment.:D

Randy
11-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Cranky blue SIII 88 with Jap kill flag on the driver's door--same as my avatar.

Ben

I'm guessing we were in opposite groups. Gotta make sure to meet you next time.

The second-to-last comment was a tongue-in-cheek jab at Randy Williams. He and I have been competing Disco-to-Disco for the past few years. So we were laughing about how horrible we did this year. I know he was 19 points worse than my horrid score. After reading Galen's comment below I see I was perhaps third from last as he was right between Randy and I.

Jason, thanks for listening to my whining! LOL There were enough matchbox trucks on the table for me to smash a few. BTW, I don't mind tight gates, you are right, it does make it more interesting, but the gates HAVE to be at least wider than the widest truck, doncha think? LOL Regardless of the classes or the gate width I think the event is terrific, the people are great, the fresh air is marvelous and there is just something about the McMullens place in Robesonia that is so liberating!! And I agree about keeping the Tower of Terror.....even though said tower ALMOST got destroyed and Dave ALMOST lost TV reception....it was still grand!

jason
11-14-2006, 09:09 PM
1. Bill S._____________35
2. Steve B.___________43
3. Jeff W.____________48
4. Ben S._____________50
5. Steve H.___________54
6. Joe W._____________55
6. Rick F._____________55
7. Tadd K.____________58
8. John C.____________59
8. Adrian S.___________59
9. Randy M.___________61
10. Galen L.____________62
11. Jason/Frank_________71
11. Eric C._____________71
12. Chuck C.___________78
13. Randy W.___________80
14. Larry C.____________81

DNF - Trevor, Kurt, Derek

I say these are the unofficial results because I am missing Ben and Joe's cards, but I believe their scores to be correct. If I left you out, please correct me. I'll be happy to edit.;)

crazyfish
11-14-2006, 11:55 PM
ah hem....
Sean R. 12

( walked the entire course without a Rover and only hit a few canes )

bens101fc
11-15-2006, 12:02 AM
[SIZE="4"]

4. Ben S._____________50

My score card was:
1. Supply Hole: 6
2. S Turn: 5
3. Serpentine: 7
4. Bache's Folly: 1
5. Lower Ridge: 2
6. Long Trail: 5
7. Texas Dip: 5
8: Ridge Run: 0
9: The Rock: 8
10: Bald Knob: 3
11. Rabbit Run: 0
12. Tower of Terror: 8

Total = 50 (not including 88 handicap)
Someone asked if we wanted our score cards back and I said sure.

So if Dora hadn't conked out on me in the middle of #2, I might have challenged for 3rd. Damn! :-)
Ben

JohnC
11-15-2006, 10:28 AM
John C. 59

I would've preferred a 69 but hey, what can you do.

cboy
11-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Eric C. 71

bens101fc
11-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Since we are fleshing this out, I added trucks where I think I remember names and Rovers. Please correct me where I'm wrong and fill in the blanks.

1. Bill S._____________35 == 88
2. Steve B.___________43 == 88
3. Jeff W.____________48 == SIIA 88
4. Ben S._____________50 == SIII 88
5. Steve H.___________54 == SIII 88
6. Joe W._____________55
7. Tadd K.____________58
8. John C.____________59
9. Randy M.___________61 == Disco
10. Galen L.____________62 == SIIA 88
11. Jason/Frank_________71 == SIII 88 (RHD)
12. Eric C______________71
13. Chuck C.___________78
14. Randy W.___________80 == Disco
15. Larry C.____________81
16. Adrian______________Unknown == Disco
17. Tevor______________DNF
18. Kurt_______________DNF
19. Derek______________DNF

I thought that we had more then 20 trucks competing. I seem to remember that group 2 has 12 Rovers...

Ben

galen211
11-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Galen L. was a SIII RHD
Jason/Frank were in a RRC
Eric was a DII
Chuck was a DI
Larry C. was also a SIII RHD
I think Joe W. was a RRC LWB

JohnC
11-15-2006, 11:35 AM
John C. - DI
Adrian S. - DI
Tadd - RRC
Randy M. - DII
Eric C - DII
Trevor - DI

I'll ask Adrian what his score was.

JohnC
11-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Adrian S. - 59

bens101fc
11-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Looking at the points spread, the 5 point handicap brings the
pack of RRCs and Discos (Joe, Tadd, John C, Adrian and Randy M) with 55 to 61 points up to that of the 88s. Joe would tied me for 4th and was 2 points behind 3rd. Then the ranking is thus:

Name____________Truck WB....Raw...Final

1. Bill S__________SIIA 88_____35____40
2. Steve B_______SIIA 88_____43____48
3. Jeff W________SIIA 88_____48____53
4. Joe W_________RRC 108____55____55
4. Ben S_________SIII 88_____55____55
6. Tadd K________RRC 100____58____58
7. John C________Disco I 100__59____59
7. Adrian________Disco I 100__59____59
7. Steve H_______SIIA 88_____55____59
10. Randy M______Disco II 100_61____61
11. Galen L_______SIII 88_____62____67
12. Jason/Frank___RRC 100____71____71
12. Eric C________Disco II 100_71____71
14. Larry C_______SIII 88_____71___76
15. Chuck C______Disco I 100__78___78
16. Randy W______Disco 100___80___80
Trevor___________Disco I 100_______DNF
Kurt_____________________________DNF
Derek____________________________DNF

Randy
11-16-2006, 10:04 AM
What about Evan in his '66 SIIa 88?

crazyfish
11-16-2006, 11:19 AM
He's in the "I'm too good to keep score" class.

jason
11-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Someone asked if we wanted our score cards back and I said sure.

Ben, I always ask because I like to keep my own card. This time you were the only one. I think most were disappointed with their performance, myself included. ;) We determined that the 88 5 pt handicap was irrelevant since it didn't affect the outcome of the top 3 finishers.

Eric, sorry for the omission. Having two separate groups has many advantages, but one major drawback is not being able to hang out with everyone. I think I only saw your truck once the whole day!

jason
11-16-2006, 06:54 PM
ah hem....
Sean R. 12

( walked the entire course without a Rover and only hit a few canes )

You, sir, are a genius!:D

GadgetRick
11-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Rick F

I had a 55 with my DII. :)

Oh, I was driving the gold 04 DII with the wife and two boys (one baby).

jason
11-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Sorry Rick, I got you in there now.

crazyfish
11-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Hey Randy - you let a stocker beat you? Maybe you should have Karen buy lessons on Rover driving from Evan this year....

Frank84
11-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Jason is a good teacher too -

"you gotta steer with the gas - don't let off it!"
"don't worry, it's Paul's truck"

This technique was a lot of fun, but I think I mowed down most of the canes while practicing it!

mlp141
11-20-2006, 11:47 AM
Steve, Sean and Galen -- I am sending each of you a CD containing the 74 images I made at Robesonia on Saturday. Please let me know when they find each of you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

--P

Did you guys get the CDs I mailed?

crazyfish
11-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Got mine, going to upload tomorrow probably....

Thanks!

crazyfish
12-09-2006, 02:52 PM
146 new pics in the Robesonia gallery
http://gallery.roversclub.org/thumbnails.php?album=4

Thanks to Joe Weinkam for sending the cd!

Frank84
12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I've enjoyed looking through the gallery so much that I downloaded a bunch of the pictures to make a ROVERS slide show screen saver - now i have a constant reminder to keep my eyes open for the perfect series truck.

crazyfish
12-09-2006, 04:36 PM
The perfect series truck is one that someone else owns and maintains but that you get to drive.

Frank84
12-09-2006, 07:15 PM
The perfect series truck is one that someone else owns and maintains but that you get to drive.

lol - I'll have to keep my eye out for one of those.

flippedrover
12-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Short bus on walk about again?

YankeeRover
07-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Im in for camping at the event even if it rains.