PDA

View Full Version : Whew! awesome series on ebay

crazyfish
10-14-2006, 12:50 AM
This is truly nice
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Series-IIA-Safari-1964-2A_W0QQitemZ320036978352QQihZ011QQcategoryZ6296QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mlp141
10-14-2006, 10:07 AM
If it were an 88" it'd be just like mine! hahaha

jason
10-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Nothing like a complete professional restoration to make me realize how far off the pendulum I am.:o This guy drops $80,000 and I'm agonizing over a $15 slave cylinder rebuild! If his IIa was struck by lightning, burned to the ground, then fell off a cliff into a bucket of green paint, it would still be worth 10x more than mine.

galen211
10-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Nothing like a complete professional restoration to make me realize how far off the pendulum I am.:o This guy drops $80,000 and I'm agonizing over a $15 slave cylinder rebuild! If his IIa was struck by lightning, burned to the ground, then fell off a cliff into a bucket of green paint, it would still be worth 10x more than mine.

And when yours is running you will get 10x more fun out of it than he ever did. There are two different types of Series owners, the ones who spend $$$$ to restore them and then there are the rest of us who actually use them as they were intended to be used.

crazyfish
10-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Jason has a land rover? I thought that was just a rumor. does this mean he really was on the cover of GQ?

bens101fc
10-18-2006, 12:56 PM
$80k into a Series LR makes it worth, what, $15k? And I thought that Mr. Kellogg at the BNWR Co charged high at $50k for a restored LR. All that he
has to do is sell one or two a year.

I agree, the nice shiny ones never get used hard off-road. Mine had a nice paint job once upon a time. Now it's all desert pinstripes and sun faded.

Ben

jason
10-18-2006, 07:17 PM
And when yours is running you will get 10x more fun out of it than he ever did. There are two different types of Series owners, the ones who spend $$$$ to restore them and then there are the rest of us who actually use them as they were intended to be used.

Does "intended to be used" really mean what I think it means? They really are supposed to run and drive?! Don't get my hopes up!

And Sean, I still actually have two Land Rovers, but I could never be convicted. Not enough evidence.

Frank84
10-18-2006, 09:59 PM
And Sean, I still actually have two Land Rovers, but I could never be convicted. Not enough evidence.

At least you have two rovers! I've been a member for five years and never owned a rover - it's much more cost effective to just borrow one when I need it.

I sometimes I find it funny that you (the club president) show up to all the events in a Ford. Then I realize that I just pulled up in a chevy so I can't really say anything!

While you agonize over a $15 slave cylinder, I'm trying to figure out if I can take another college loan to cover the $8 pilot bearing (i.e. need a new clutch too) that is going in my car. I guess the series is still a few years off.

bens101fc
10-19-2006, 09:47 AM

We don't need evidence. That's what photoshop is for.

Ben

jason
10-19-2006, 09:27 PM
We don't need evidence. That's what photoshop is for.

Ben

I've got an even more simple idea, Ben! Here's a picture of my Series. Check it out!

http://forum.roversclub.org/forum/image.php?u=192&dateline=1159900803