PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Shop Day Sat 11/4

jason
10-27-2006, 06:42 AM
In addition to the Robesonia Work Day on the 4th, I am looking for some help in the Princeton area on that same day. Don and I will be installing an engine in my RRC and could use a few hands. We are hoping to get it done in time for the 11th. If you are in the Princeton area and are willing and able to help, I would greatly appreciate it.:D E-mail me for details and directions. Thanks,
jasonhagg@yahoo.com

Frank84
10-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Emailed you - I'll be there!

Now that the F-250 is gone, we'll need another one of your trucks to bust through the ice in Ringwood! I wasn't so sure the crown vic would make it.

Frank84
10-27-2006, 10:09 AM
That was a sweet truck!

jason
10-28-2006, 06:16 AM
Yeah, I do miss it. The Crown Royale will be gone this weekend, too. I'll be down to bikes and motorcycles until one of the Rovers is resurrected.

crazyfish
10-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Cleaning house?

jason
10-28-2006, 10:27 PM
I consider it a motivational tool. Not so much cleaning house.;)

jason
11-02-2006, 08:35 PM
So far we have a good crew for Saturday at Don's house. I'm really excited to get my classic back on the road. There is still room for more help if anyone is interested. We will get started around 7:00-8:00am and try to finish up for the day in the late afternoon as everyone has other stuff going on. PM me or shoot me an e-mail if you have some free time you feel like squandering for a good cause.

jason
11-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Much thanks to Don, Frank, Dave, and Ken for the help yesterday. A lot was accomplished, and I'm heading back today to help Don with the finishing touches. Hopefully the pictures upload properly. I'll do my best to document the process in an upcoming newsletter so I can explain the patented "Frank Batt 15mm ice cream scoop bolt extraction method".

Frank84
11-05-2006, 11:44 PM
i'm going to make millions off this new patent!

did you get oil pressure yet in the new old engine? or is it going to be just like the old new engine? haha - had a blast saturday, learned a lot, and I'm still trying to get the grease out of my finger nails. gotta wear gloves.

galen211
11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Much thanks to Don, Frank, Dave, and Ken for the help yesterday. A lot was accomplished, and I'm heading back today to help Don with the finishing touches. Hopefully the pictures upload properly. I'll do my best to document the process in an upcoming newsletter so I can explain the patented "Frank Batt 15mm ice cream scoop bolt extraction method".

So, is it running yet? Close?

jason
11-09-2006, 08:44 PM
After extensive work Saturday and Sunday, the engine was in and running, but alas, no oil pressure.:confused: After spending 3-4 hours every night this week, repacking, rebuilding, replacing, relubing, repriming, and everything else imaginable, Don finally uncovered the culprit. Tomorrow (Fri) I am taking the day off and hopefully will have the truck running and present at Robesonia. Hopefully.

crazyfish
11-09-2006, 10:59 PM
and.... and.... and...... Did Mr Zen work on it?

jason
11-12-2006, 09:16 PM
The culprit was an incorrect front cover gasket. It was allowing the oil pump to suck air instead of oil, hence the lack of pressure. We finished up at about midnight on Friday, but still needs to be buttoned up for road worthiness. Plus the exhaust still needs love. I will be on the road this week, though!:D