PDA

View Full Version : The New 4 Door Defender....

crazyfish
11-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Ha. Actually the Jeep 4 door Wrangle has really caught my attention for a variety of reasons - mostly it looks like a new 110. LR thinks they can't sell enough of them, but Jeep sure is backing this model. I just saw this pic and thought of the dormobile.....

Frank84
11-05-2006, 11:49 PM
that's awesome!

what's happened to Land Rover - they used to make such cool trucks?

flippedrover
11-06-2006, 09:27 AM
that's awesome!

what's happened to Land Rover - they used to make such cool trucks?
They went upscale to stay afloat.

jason
11-09-2006, 08:56 PM
In my humble opinion, Jeep is doing exactly what Land Rover should be doing. Fair priced, reliable, cool-looking, off-roadable, fun transportation. The ultimate vehicle would be a 4-door, removable top, camper conversion, locked and lifted 4x4 with a turbo-diesel, under $35k. Jeep keeps getting closer and closer.

flippedrover
11-10-2006, 11:19 AM
In my humble opinion, Jeep is doing exactly what Land Rover should be doing. Fair priced, reliable, cool-looking, off-roadable, fun transportation. The ultimate vehicle would be a 4-door, removable top, camper conversion, locked and lifted 4x4 with a turbo-diesel, under $35k. Jeep keeps getting closer and closer.
Yep. Sadly I think the way Rover is going is the only way for it to stay profitable. I've wondered what would happen to prices and such if Rover were to build a factory in the US? Would building them in the States allow them to drop the price on the line? Or give them a reason to federalize the Defender?

87xj95disco
11-10-2006, 05:16 PM
rover needs to keep up soon its going to say
best 4x4xbar

only in a jeep

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA