PDA

View Full Version : Series Protection....

crazyfish
11-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Ok, I ordered a Ike Goss bumper about 9 years ago ( just kidding, it's only been 6 months ) but I would like to see some diff guards and sliders.

What have you got? What do you like?

galen211
11-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Personally for Series protection I like to carry my huge dog.

When he's in the back no one is likely to stick their head inside....

solihull109
11-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Irish spring works great, it's cheap and environmently friendly.
Sean, I hope I didn't rub you the wrong way I was only joking, I don't have your "short bus".
On a serious note, check out my sliders at Sunbury(this is my full time gig, I'm not some backyard butcher...lol), and some diff guards, maybe we can swap service. Web designer right?
Carey

crazyfish
11-21-2006, 07:18 PM
soli - no offense taken! It's tough to offend me......

Not sure if Sunbury is in the schedule, so get one of your customers to take some pics, I really need diff guards and sliders.

And yes I like trades.

flippedrover
11-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Personally for Series protection I like to carry my huge dog.

When he's in the back no one is likely to stick their head inside....
So wait you stick the dog under the sills amd infront of the giffs?

galen211
11-22-2006, 08:45 AM
So wait you stick the dog under the sills amd infront of the giffs?

lol....I'm talking about the other kind of protection, who needs Smith & Wesson when you have 105 pounds of drooling dog to keep things safe.

As far as diffs, well I just smack those into things.....

bens101fc
11-22-2006, 09:38 AM
lol....I'm talking about the other kind of protection, who needs Smith & Wesson when you have 105 pounds of drooling dog to keep things safe.

The dog is to keep your rifle safe in the Rover so it's there when you need it. :D
People leave The Rover alone when they see my 90 lb German Shepard in it.

Regarding underbody armor. I don't have any on Dora. I might consider getting some sliders one day, but a set of ARB lockers will probably come before that.
I recently saw these sliders and thought that they were sharp.

http://www.fourfold.org/bens/Events/GuyFawkes/2006/_2626.html

Ben

crazyfish
11-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Pretty sure those are from Ike Goss. Damn nice stuff, he's just way way way backed up on production.

bens101fc
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
BTW, the Doug Shipman "Moab" bumpers for Series and D90s look neat too.

http://www.recoverygear.com/smsi.html

Ben

flippedrover
11-23-2006, 02:53 PM
As far as diffs, well I just smack those into things.....
I did that once. Ask Trevor about it.

Peter
11-28-2006, 12:18 PM
BTW, the Doug Shipman "Moab" bumpers for Series and D90s look neat too.

http://www.recoverygear.com/smsi.html

Ben

Do you know if he makes Series sliders?

jason
11-28-2006, 06:25 PM
Sean, speaking of 'series protection', how about Lo-Jack? Seems like that would be more important than rock sliders at this point, no?;)

crazyfish
01-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Soli - are you going to SCC? Would love to see those diff guards... hint hint hint

solihull109
01-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Ah, that would be a negative on SCC, "WINTER ROMP" weekend, I sent you a PM on the details:D

crazyfish
02-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey, if digital camera's are now available in your part of the hills, can you take a few pics? I do need some.

solihull109
02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey, if digital camera's are now available in your part of the hills, can you take a few pics? I do need some.
What's a digital camera?...Just kidding, yes, on the pics, I'm in the middle of a shop move for the past....(wow, it's taking a little longer than expected), ask Stuart about the move....he's been very patient, Thank you spechols! Pics are coming.....I'll be finished with the new protoype diff guards soon, the old ones look like everyone elses....no fun in that!:) I also finished Galen's "sleeper" sliders, waiting for galvy man. Will post pics of those as well.