PDA

View Full Version : Bobtail RRC

sven
12-12-2006, 11:18 AM
So Im thinking about bobtailing my LWB. It probably would be the 1st LWB ever bobtailed. What do you guys think?

solihull109
12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Howdy Sven, it wouldn't be the first, I'll dig up some pics, you can control how much is removed.

Carey:D

sven
12-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Yeah I need to see some pics of an LWB bobbed. Im REALLY thinking about it :)

solihull109
12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm also working on building a removeable hard top for a classic?....any interest?:cool:

sven
12-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Check it out:

solihull109
12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
That rocks Sven, when you want to start....? Will it be a removeable hardtop as well?:D

pushngo
12-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Why noy get a SWB first? A bobtailed LWB seems to be going half way. IMHO

sven
12-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Why noy get a SWB first? A bobtailed LWB seems to be going half way. IMHO

A bobbed LWB will be shorter than any "normal" D1 or RRC. But the longer wheelbase would be more stable. I like the concept of it, but I dont think I have the balls to do it to mine. My LWB keep surprising me the more I wheel it.

2 door rangie would be ideal for a bobtail.

derekdilks
01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm also working on building a removeable hard top for a classic?....any interest?:cool:

I'd be interested in a removable hard top for my lwb, I've always wanted to chop mine and have a soft fabricated but never had the balls to do it.... A removable hard-top is an awesome idea!!

jason
01-20-2007, 10:07 AM

Check out Tadd Kelchners RRC. If anyone has pictures of it from the Spring Robesonia, please post them.

solihull109
01-20-2007, 10:23 AM
I've also contacted a local(within 15 miles) that fabricates outstanding tops, usually for the boating community, but I've talked him into building tops for Rovers. His work paralells Badger's tops. Cost is still up in the air. My Rangie will be the protoype, but won't take place until late spring early summer( the same time I fit my diesel:D )
When the project commences, I'll have loads of photo documentation that I'll load onto the forum so you can watch, OR if you want to take a trip, you're more than welcome to check out my shop!

derekdilks
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
I've also contacted a local(within 15 miles) that fabricates outstanding tops, usually for the boating community, but I've talked him into building tops for Rovers. His work paralells Badger's tops. Cost is still up in the air. My Rangie will be the protoype, but won't take place until late spring early summer( the same time I fit my diesel:D )
When the project commences, I'll have loads of photo documentation that I'll load onto the forum so you can watch, OR if you want to take a trip, you're more than welcome to check out my shop!

I'm there when the cutting starts :) The roll cage is the other thing that needs to be fabbed.. Any ideas on that?

solihull109
01-24-2007, 11:21 PM
As far as the cage, I have that worked out, however it's not a bolt together design like Safety devices, so if someone wants one, the top has to come off too.
Thought about redesigning the cage so "more' folks could fit one without removing the top, but that won't be for some time.
All of my cages will be designed to have the front seats attached to the cage as well as all seat restraints.
Give me a ring, I can go over options.
Carey