PDA

View Full Version : More Trials events?

solihull109
12-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Hello, I would like to know if it's a possibility to have more trials events, other than Robesonia and possibly Sunbury. This past weekend was my first event, and I'm hooked, I do have alternative land use in central Pa if that would be of interest.
If there would be any help needed, I'd be right there. Anyone else have a take on this?:)

rvrsrvc
12-13-2006, 07:12 PM
I'd bet that they're a few of us who'd be interested...
I've got three acres that could be made into a little something-anybody remember what Tom did with his 1 acre?

solihull109
12-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey, I'm from north central pa, I could get creative with a pick up load of dirt in the parking lot behind Wal-mart......yeehaw!:D

jason
12-13-2006, 08:09 PM
What we need to do is figure out how to turn the Ringwood trail clean-up into a trials event! Seems like PA has all the fun.

Frank84
12-13-2006, 10:51 PM
I remember Tom's course. It was the first time I got to drive a series - Evan's. Later on I got stuck with the DII (embarassing!) b/c the ETC/ABS/HDC wasn't working and the CDL wasn't hooked up yet. Tom gave me a little tug with his tractor! There was even a teter totter and water hole - quite amazing for a little plot of land.

Jason, believe it or not the original plan for Ringwood was a trials course! Way back when, me, Tom B. and Steve H. took a look at what was then private property that the owner had agreed to let us play on. It's on the other side of town so you never saw it. I don't know the acreage, but it took us 30 minutes to drive a loop through it without stopping. Trails over there were used almost exclusively by ATVs but rovers could just slip through for the most part. Just a month or two after we looked at it he sold it to the state for a hefty sum and they tore down the house.

Now it is part of Norvin Green State Forest and the trails are still there - but overgrown without the constant ATVs. I'm fairly confident we could get access to it since Ringwood State Park is actually in charge of patroling over there, but I doubt they would go for a trials course. I bet if we looked we could find some garbage to pick up back there!

GadgetRick
12-14-2006, 10:13 AM
i'm down to cut, er, ah, clean up trails in that area. ;)

flippedrover
12-14-2006, 10:43 AM
I've got a house and a couple hundred acres in Fulton county PA (near breezwood) that we could cut a course into. Its got open fields,forest with really old logging roads and a couple of stream crossings. Oh and plenty of space for camping.

bens101fc
12-14-2006, 11:45 AM
I could probably set up 5 or so trials stages in the woods at my place in NJ.

Ben

galen211
12-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Something I thought of when out with Jeff and Tom building the trials course was an offroad challenge. Sort of like a mini Camel Trophy.

For instance, when we were out building the course in that mill race/ditch I thought how neat it would be if we built a log bridge and made competitors pull it across the ditch in order to cross. Another one would be to have them change a tire in a mud pit and other cruel things like this.

Of course this would require trucks with, at minimum, a winch. You would also have to compete as a team, driver and co-driver.

Here's one for you NJ guys. Ben builds 5 trials at his place, someone else does the same at theirs. In between do a Time-Speed-Distance rally to add challenges to it. Of course you have to follow the speed limit on legal roads and that's what makes it hard as no one actually does the speed limit.

spechols
12-14-2006, 12:25 PM
So Galen, when you are house hunting - find some land for all of us to come play on.

galen211
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
So Galen, when you are house hunting - find some land for all of us to come play on.

lol, can you find me a new job in your department making twice what I do now? Then yes, I'll find some land for us to play on.

derekdilks
12-14-2006, 04:52 PM
If anyone is ever interested, I have 7.8 acres in Annapolis, MD just off of Muddy Creek Rd (appropriately named for a new ROVERS event?) It’s mostly wooded with streams, has some old house foundations, and that's about it (at least that's all I've found while walking the property) I've always wanted to explore with the Disco, but I don't know anyone in Annapolis who would go with me, or who is willing to drive there from PA. Besides, Trevors back yard is a fun challenge if I ever get an itch.... But seriously, if anyone is up for an exploration day in Annapolis to see what this property has to offer, let me know. Annapolis is about 2 hours south of Harrisburg. I used to commute there 3 days a week. Ughhh

solihull109
12-14-2006, 06:41 PM
That sounds pretty interesting. When did you want check it out? I'm 2 hrs from Harrisburg( so 4 hrs total), that's not too bad unless something breaks in the woods. Anyone else up for a trip?

flippedrover
12-14-2006, 09:03 PM
If anyone is ever interested, I have 7.8 acres in Annapolis, MD just off of Muddy Creek Rd (appropriately named for a new ROVERS event?) It’s mostly wooded with streams, has some old house foundations, and that's about it (at least that's all I've found while walking the property) I've always wanted to explore with the Disco, but I don't know anyone in Annapolis who would go with me, or who is willing to drive there from PA. Besides, Trevors back yard is a fun challenge if I ever get an itch.... But seriously, if anyone is up for an exploration day in Annapolis to see what this property has to offer, let me know. Annapolis is about 2 hours south of Harrisburg. I used to commute there 3 days a week. Ughhh
Let me know when since I'm only about an hour from Annapolis. Unless I hit traffic on the beltway.

crazyfish
12-15-2006, 12:59 AM
It's a few hours from here, but wandering through the woods aimlessly always has a certain draw :)