PDA

View Full Version : Old Rovers are SO SLOW!!

spechols
12-13-2006, 09:15 PM
I got the court order for the PA title on Monday. So I am finally legal, well almost. I need to get an inspection, but the Rover is not even close to passing that yet.

Anyway, I drove the Rover to fill it up with gas today for the first time and NOW I understand why these trucks are SO SLOW. It is the Old Land Rover talking factor. Three people walked up and started asking about the Rover. It only took a minute to fill it up with gas, but there was fifteen minutes of conversation. I stopped to get milk and it happened again. No wonder it takes so long to go anywhere in an Old Rover

Frankly it dose not drive fast, the brakes are not very strong and right now it handles like a cardboard box in the wind. But it is SO MUCH FUN to drive! I am not sure why. It will just barely go fifty on the flat land and I am too afraid to drive it any faster because it jumps all over the road. It is a fun driving challenge while I get the steering sorted out.

This weekend I will take it up into the mountains on the forest roads and then see how it does off road. I think I will take a cell phone and supplies. In case a get stranded in the wood - by the Old Land Rover talking factor.

Stuart

sven
12-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Congrats! The place I use for inspections is that UHaul place on North Atherton. They are good 'n' cheap.

If you get stuck call me 814-404-7789. My fee is free for Rovers :D

galen211
12-14-2006, 08:48 AM
That is one of the most fun things about Series trucks. You cause a stir almost every where you go!

Now we can meet up at Otto's next week and you can drive there to meet us!

One of these weekends I'll head to the State Forests with you. We are looking at more houses Saturday and I have a good feeling that we are going to find the one.

flippedrover
12-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Hmm.. maybe I need to get one since all I ever get is "Nice Jeep" despite all the rover stickers on the 90. Even when I had Treasured Motorcars stickers on the sides.

galen211
12-14-2006, 11:15 AM
It won't help. So far I've gotten Jeep, Land Cruiser, Bronco and Scout. It stumps them everytime why these companies made a right hand drive truck.

flippedrover
12-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Drats.

jason
12-14-2006, 07:07 PM
It stumps them everytime why these companies made a right hand drive truck.

Nice Postal truck.:D

galen211
12-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Nice Postal truck.:D

That's my back up plan if I ever get fired.:D

sven
12-14-2006, 08:35 PM
A guy at worked thought I have an Izuzu Trooper......dork.

jason
12-16-2006, 11:30 AM
I remember the first Series I ever saw was a 109 with the top off about 20 years ago. I asked the guy if it was a Dodge. He was pissed.