PDA

View Full Version : Disco l, please

solihull109
12-20-2006, 07:06 PM
I have a customer who is looking for a Disco l, he seems to like the '95-96 years,....so now starts the hunt. It does not have to have any mods done to the truck, actually stock would be a welcome.
The must haves:
-very clean
-mechanically excellent( I don't feel like working on it...:)
- clean title, however he doesn't want any New England trucks....(salt)
-body relatively clean, he understands a few small dings
-decent mileage
-service history, also who perfromed the service work
-automatic
-leather
-ac

I know, these trucks are equipped with some of this, this is what he wants.
Now, this is the bonus if it has it list
-Geen, white, black......NO RED( but if its an outstanding example I may have to paint it)
-sunroofs
-jump seats
-new tyres
-reasonably priced

Now , this customer is a lively oder chap, and is familiar with current market values, if the truck is worth what you're asking , he'll pay.
The limit will be dictated by condition, if you have a pristine Disco he'll pay!
Thanks for any help, I'll throw in a finders fee. if a truck is located I'll throw in a custom set of sliders and diff guards.....how's that?
Please direct all inquiries to
easternwoodsresearch@yahoo.com...attention Carey or
570-326-5628
Thanks again for any help! Happy Holidays!!:D

sven
12-20-2006, 08:53 PM
TrevorG might know of some D1s for sale.

galen211
12-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I have a customer who is looking for a Disco l, he seems to like the '95-96 years,....so now starts the hunt. It does not have to have any mods done to the truck, actually stock would be a welcome.
The must haves:
-very clean
-mechanically excellent( I don't feel like working on it...:)
- clean title, however he doesn't want any New England trucks....(salt)
-body relatively clean, he understands a few small dings
-decent mileage
-service history, also who perfromed the service work
-automatic
-leather
-ac

I know, these trucks are equipped with some of this, this is what he wants.
Now, this is the bonus if it has it list
-Geen, white, black......NO RED( but if its an outstanding example I may have to paint it)
-sunroofs
-jump seats
-new tyres
-reasonably priced

Now , this customer is a lively oder chap, and is familiar with current market values, if the truck is worth what you're asking , he'll pay.
The limit will be dictated by condition, if you have a pristine Disco he'll pay!
Thanks for any help, I'll throw in a finders fee. if a truck is located I'll throw in a custom set of sliders and diff guards.....how's that?
Please direct all inquiries to
easternwoodsresearch@yahoo.com...attention Carey or
570-326-5628
Thanks again for any help! Happy Holidays!!:D

Cary,

One of the dealers down in Lewisburg had a 99 D1 with ~60,000-70,000 Green in color. Not sure if they still have it and I know it's not a 95-96 but it was clean.

solihull109
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks Galen, but 99 was/is a BAD year for the disco.....thanks anyway:D

galen211
12-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Really? People always tell me it was the best cause it was the last. Not that I have a clue since I drive a lil stinky 88.

solihull109
12-20-2006, 09:13 PM
If you're looking for a D that you can work on yourself, than stay below a '97, actually a 94 uses a 14cux system that is SIMPLE, then came GEMS, also easier to work on, if you don't have equipment stay away from Bosch, especially the Dll's. Keep this in mind, this is coming form someone who would rather drive a series than a free brand new Range Rover:D

galen211
12-20-2006, 09:14 PM
If you're looking for a D that you can work on yourself, than stay below a '97, actually a 94 uses a 14cux system that is SIMPLE, then came GEMS, also easier to work on, if you don't have equipment stay away from Bosch, especially the Dll's. Keep this in mind, this is coming form someone who would rather drive a series than a free brand new Range Rover:D

Good to know!;)

solihull109
12-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Also, Last doesn't =good. This was a transitional period for the Disco ll, meaning, there are some '99 model year Dll's and things are a little strange wiht them....:eek:

bens101fc
12-21-2006, 10:28 AM

All that I've owned have been manual tranny D1s: '94 (red), '95 (black) and '96 (silver). I found that the '94s and '95s with the 3.9 engine are about the same. The 96 was the start of the 4.0 (distributorless) engine and had a bunch of
changes. The '95 and '96 are our current daily drives along with the SIII 88.

Ben

solihull109
12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Hi Ben, do you want to sell one? Yes I know they are both manuals, but I'm looking for a driver while I build my 300 tdi Range Rover classic. I like manuals over a slushbox any day of the week. Just thought I'd ask, thanks:)

bens101fc
12-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi Ben, do you want to sell one? Yes I know they are both manuals, but I'm looking for a driver while I build my 300 tdi Range Rover classic. I like manuals over a slushbox any day of the week. Just thought I'd ask, thanks:)

Sorry, both are in use as primary transport. All that I have running and registered is Land Rovers. The '96 is my daily driver. The '95 is my wife's daily driver. I'm expecting to get another 100,000 miles out of each of them (they are at 135k and 125k respectively) The '94 was totaled in a collision last year (197k miles) and is now mostly my part repository for the other two. Though I have dreams of getting her running again.

Ben

galen211
12-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Where you towing the 88 when that happened? Ouch!

solihull109
12-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I hope that everyone was ok?

JohnC
01-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I have a 96 Epsom Green that will be up for sale as soon as we get my daughter's car back from the shop (accident xmas eve).

The truck has never been offroad but has a 3" lift, 265/75, +2 shocks, -2 rear shock mounts, SD model with rear jumpseats, cloth immaculate interior (not one rip, has had the LR waterproof seat covers on for ever).

140K miles with alot of new parts (water pump, fan clutch, alt, Magnecor 8mm wires, plugs, exchaust, etc).

I was going to put it on ebay and was hoping to get around 3-3.5k. It also has the LR dog guard, rear cargo mat, brush bar, etc.

bens101fc
01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Where you towing the 88 when that happened? Ouch!

Yup. I was on my way to the MAR, about 10 miles from home. No MAR for
me that year. How to loose two cars at once! The RR Classic behind me in convoy had a hard time not hitting me in the accident. He stood on his
brakes and prayed for the best.

Ben

bens101fc
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
I hope that everyone was ok?

We think so. Both of my airbags deployed and I was the only car that had that happen. I and my passenger refused medical attention. I was ok. My passenger probably had some bruised ribs. Everyone in the delivery truck was ok, though one illegal took off like a jack rabbit before the police arrived. The truck hit a minivan and I think that driver took some medical attention (the truck struck her in the side as she was stopped at a stop sign on the access road that the truck was trying to turn into--hence why I found him almost stopped on 55mph road after I crested a hill). I think that was just in case she wanted to sue. No lawsuits so far. And a sedan withe some young girls tried to pass me during the accident and got side swiped by the 88 as we spun. They spun off into the median, but were ok wiht mostly panel damage. That really confused the cop trying to figure out the accident scene. He saw the damage, but no paint from the sedan on my 88 or Disco. It turns out that the left front tire and Warn hub did the impact on their car.

Ben

solihull109
01-03-2007, 12:32 PM
John, do have any photos of your Disco?

JohnC
01-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Sorry for the delay. VW isn't back from the shop yet so we are holding on to the 96 DI (for now).

Here's a pic of both DIs:
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3653414/1144200670301_96___95_DI_1_sm.jpg