PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Willard
12-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Just saying HI.

I somehow found this forum....glad i did.
I am running a '74 Series III 3 door 109 LHD ExMOD from the Norwegian Military.

Well running would be a nice thing. Just replacing the starter this weekend.

So mine is an Ex FFR vehicle. that is to say everything is 24V, and has been Military altered, and also altered for the extreme cold of Norway (i.e. it has a 24V gas heater for the rear compartment)

I do not have many pictures of it, but you can see it here... My 109 (http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/vehicles/registry/15954)
It needs a new Frame (rear 1/4 is gone) and a could use a bulkhead rebuild.

Plans for it....replace the frame/all rust and recondition the 109, i like the Camo paint and plan to keep it.

let me know what you think.

crazyfish
12-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Love those rear lights. Like all Series, they look great in photo's don't they?
Welcome aboard. Lots of Series owners here, good group of knowledge.

Where are you from?

Willard
12-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm out in Leesburg, Va

and yep it has some very strange features from the standard Rovers i have seen. This is my first Rover, but i am mechanically knowledgeable. So this will be good. I hope to get it up and running this weekend so i should have more pictures soon, like some interior pics.

flippedrover
12-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm out in Leesburg, Va

and yep it has some very strange features from the standard Rovers i have seen. This is my first Rover, but i am mechanically knowledgeable. So this will be good. I hope to get it up and running this weekend so i should have more pictures soon, like some interior pics.
Ok how have I missed seeing your truck? I work in Leesburg at the old hospital.

Willard
12-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Ok how have I missed seeing your truck? I work in Leesburg at the old hospital.
It is locked in my Garage undergoing some starter repairs and other things.
It will be out and about very soon (hoping this weekend)

flippedrover
12-29-2006, 01:33 AM
It is locked in my Garage undergoing some starter repairs and other things.
It will be out and about very soon (hoping this weekend)
Ahh that would explain it then.

rvrsrvc
12-29-2006, 01:53 PM
I had a Norw. Military 109 that had plumbing fittings built into the cooling system sticking out through the grill. Apparently, the concept was to hook up all of the vehicles in the motor pool and leave one running. That way, warm coolant would be circulated through all of the vehicles for those long, cold nights!