PDA

View Full Version : 03 Disco, 93 LWB

prcamp
12-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi All

Just joined and wanted to get into the swing of things by posting by pics.

Currently own an 03 Disco that morphed from a "yuppie grocery getter" into a pretty cool machine! Everything seen is prior to warranty expiration, just now blew through the magical 62K certified warranty period so no holds barred from here on out!

- 3” HD Spring Lift with Bistein Shocks all the Way aroung
- OME Steering Dampner
- ARB Rocksliders
- SURCO Safari Rack
- Roof Light Bar with HELLA 500’s (not in picture)
- Front Bumper Fog Lights – HELLA 500’s
- 15” Rock Crawler Rims (That’s right my friends – 15”)
- Pro-Comp Mudders, 31x10.5x15’s
- Next in line is ARB front bumper, Winch and eventually a Safari Snorkel….

Also a picture of my beloved 93 LWB Rangie prior to it blowing up! God rest its soul!

Bob Campbell
Collegeville, PA

jason
12-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the club, Bob. Nice looking trucks. What happened to the Classic?

prcamp
12-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks!

Pulled out from a stop sign, lost the viscous clutch and it would have been salvagable if I came to a slow stop! Instead, I cut the wheel to turn into a drive way and when I did, literally snapped all four axles!

My LR tech had the truck on the lift and was able to free-spin all four wheels at the same time. They never saw anything like it before!

Just wish I had a hardcore wheelin story instead the lame stop sign one!

jason
12-25-2006, 02:28 PM
I think what you meant to say was:

You were pulling a CJ-7 up a 12% grade rock face composed of granite and wet limestone when one of the 10,000 lb pro-comp straps shredded on a jagged boulder causing the Jeep to list suddenly to one side. The shock-load was absorbed by the left rear axle-shaft snapping it in two leaving the duties to the right rear as the front axle was precariously unloaded, barely touching down from the dead weight pulling the Classic's center of gravity down and away from the steep cliff. Upon reaching the summit, you realized there was a four foot deep white-capped raging river to traverse, so naturally you selflessly continued onward determined to rescue the little Jeep when the obscured underwater obstacles laid claim to the two front axles making your decision to canoe across to ancor the 200' winch rope to the opposite shore a wise one. Only after limping the final nine miles to the trail-head with the Jeep still securely in tow, did the remaining rear axle finally surrender while propelling itself onto the Discovery's tri-axle three-car carrier. The mechanics at the shop said they had never seen anything like it before.;)

prcamp
12-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, thats it but it was really a Hummer:D