PDA

View Full Version : Here I come Centre County

galen211
12-31-2006, 11:07 PM
It's official, Jess and I bought a house last Wednesday. Sorry Cary and Stuart, it was not the house in Lewistown. It was just too far away.

We bought a small house in Centre Hall that needs some elbow grease and TLC. It has been empty for at least a year as the seller's are from Florida, wanted to move to SC and couldn't sell their house in FL. They needed to ditch this one and drop the second mortagage so we got a good deal. Both the selling and buying realtor told us that we can resell in a short time for much more if we get the house looking good.

It has all hardwood floors but the previous folks rolled up carpets and left adhesive marks so all the rooms need to be sanded, also more immediate is that the bathroom needs to be torn out and started over. Beyond the bathroom most of the work is easy, just sanding the floors and painting the walls. Amazingly the none of the walls have ever had wall paper applied so they are clean and just need paint.

Of course the most important part it that is has a two-car garage with it and I can't wait to work on the Rover in a dry, warm garage.

We close January 31 (Wednesday) and I imagine the weekend after we will be pretty deep into the bathroom rehab. Can't wait!!!

spechols
01-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Congratulations
Centre Hall is a great little town and now we can have a beer at your house. So, work on the bath room, we will need it. Send photos when you can.
Stuart

sven
01-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Congrats guys! Centre Hall is a great town. Hey, if the bath isnt done in time, you can always dig a hole out back :)

solihull109
01-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Congrats, let me kow if I can help....ie...cabinets?, bathroom vanities?.....galvanised bumper.....:D , let me know and good luck with the closing!:D