PDA

View Full Version : Suspensions

solihull109
01-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I wanted to start a new thread, open to those who are leaf sprung as well as coilers.
What springs are you running, how much lift, are you happy and things along those lines. I get numerous calls and emails inquiring about such info so I thought it be cool to poll the readers and get some fresh input!

spechols
01-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I also want to know if they make special parabolic springs for the extra weigh of a diesel.

Peter
01-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Rocky Mountain. The extra $ goes a long way.

jason
01-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I've got RoverTym HD springs , one inch over stock which I feel is sufficient, and RoverTym control arms installed on my 93 Classic. Pricey but good. On Paul's 89 Classic, I installed OME springs and shocks. We went for HD in the front and MD in the rear. It put's it about 1 1/2" over stock and rides fairly well. They are about 1/3 the price of RoverTym, so anyone on a strict budget would do well to consider that. For your customers looking to beef up their trucks for even mild wheeling though, I would first highly recommend installing diff guards. This would fall under the category of "an ounce of prevention". I know from experience.:(

crazyfish
01-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Series 109 SW - I think I have British Console or TC or? They are dark green, won them from a ROVERS event, purchased from Rovers North. I would now get them from Ray...

I've seen and heard every argument for one brand or the other, tech specs etc. In my opinion, you replace crappy rusted broken springs with new ones, so anything feels better. I put 4 leaf on the back and that was a mistake, I was thinking more is better, and we know that isn't the case for my setup.

I do like the little extra lift. I also put on new tires ( 7.5 x 16) at the same time so I got about 2 inches of lift all at once.

LC Rover
01-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Peter:
Did you put on 2 or 3 leafs in the rear of your 88. Debating on getting new radials or staying with the bias ply tires and getting para's (2 or 3 leaf ). Your thought's:confused:
LC Rover

Evan
01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Rocky Mt. parabolics on the front 12 leaf packs that a local truck spring shop made up for me before the internet and RN or AB was the only choice. I wanted to see how the 88 handled with para only on the front. I don't know how it would effect other rigs, I'm happy with the setup, good manners on the highway and seems to keep the front wheels on the ground off road.

( I didn't plan it that way, actually I just never got around to installing the rear parabolics) ;)

solihull109
01-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Am I the only odd ball out there?, like using 52" Chevy springs in a spring over fashion.

solihull109
01-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Peter, how long since you fitted Rocky Mtn. springs? Have you noticed any sag, if so is it even? Did they lift you vehicle at all, and if so how much?
How many miles are on the set?

crazyfish
01-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Am I the only odd ball out there?

We'll let you know after SCC :) but somehow I doubt it!

solihull109
01-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but I won't be there.......:( WINTER ROMP!!!