PDA

View Full Version : Jan 21st @ Paragon

pushngo
01-07-2007, 12:24 PM
There are a few Rovers making the trip to Paragon on Jan 21st

Anybody from here interested?

There should be a good turnout so you should be able to run trails of your liking then mabe go tougher or easier for the afternoon after we meet for lunch.

I see they got the events page updated at Rovers and the new date for SCC and Trevor G's trip from last Feb removed. Yee Haw.

sven
01-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Im going! Carey "solihull109" is riding with me too.

flippedrover
01-07-2007, 02:24 PM
I might try and make it depending on how work saturday night goes.

rvrsrvc
01-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Heeheehee, I'll be in Grand Cayman. Only wish we were having some winter here to make going away feel even better.

solihull109
01-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Have fun in the sun sipping those fruity beverages with the pink umbrellas:D

derekdilks
01-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Taking the DII, Meeting Randy in Lebanon at 8:00, exit 80 there's a DQ... I've never been to Paragon so it will be new to me.... Anyone else in?

derekdilks
01-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I might try and make it depending on how work saturday night goes.

Tyler, we have plenty of room so you're welcome to crash here in Hburg, might make the trip a little more manageable.....

sven
01-17-2007, 10:34 AM
I'll be there as well.

rmuller
01-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I'll be there also.

Disco96JSWB
01-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm planning to head up to Paragon from West Chester on Sunday AM in my 96 Disco with a mild lift. What time should I plan to get there?

- Jeremy Bannister

crazyfish
01-18-2007, 12:40 PM
I see they got the events page updated at Rovers and the new date for SCC and Trevor G's trip from last Feb removed. Yee Haw.

Yeah that webmaster is one lazy son of a bitch.

solihull109
01-18-2007, 12:45 PM
In Seans defense, it's been said that drinking light beer gives one a false sense of achievement. So maybe if we all pitch in together we can send him to a STOUT rehab and he'll become mdivated once again, one can only hope and pray!:D

flippedrover
01-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Tyler, we have plenty of room so you're welcome to crash here in Hburg, might make the trip a little more manageable.....
Thanks for the offer but I'm working saturday and don't get off untill 6am sunday.

jason
01-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry I'm going to miss it. Paragon is my favorite place to play, and my truck hasn't been there in over 2 years. Time flys when your engine's apart.;)

solihull109
01-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Well for those that didn't make the trip.....you missed a good one. Thanks again Sven for the ride! Randy it was nice to meet you as well, and everyone else I met( I'm bad at names), this should be a somewhat common occurance, it was a blast. No real carnage, excpet a new member(it's that name thing again) now has some aftermarket rear air conditioning......it's only glass....., but otherwise faired well on some harder trails...way to go man!
Maybe we can get more series guys to come out....Sean, it's the little yellow knob on the transmission tunnel, depress it for 4wd high, or pull the red lever back for 4 low....it's rather easy after your first time...:D

crazyfish
01-21-2007, 10:21 PM
you mean I can take the short bus offroad? No way, why didn't anyone tell me? I thought the yellow knob was for emergency oil slick dumping.

Someone post pictures! ( hey we have a gallery for that you know )

pushngo
01-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Great time

Yea too bad about the new guy loosing the side of his truck, the other side still looks good he will have some explaining to do to the wife. The upside was he drove through the bit where the Diesel H1s were stuck. Did anyone get pics of us pushing the H1 along by hand, LOL

galen211
01-22-2007, 11:42 AM
We need pictures!!:p

sven
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
We need pictures!!:p

X2

Galen, there was a series 2a in our group with 31" tires and no mods except for a winch and parabolics. I was impressed!

galen211
01-22-2007, 12:23 PM
X2

Galen, there was a series 2a in our group with 31" tires and no mods except for a winch and parabolics. I was impressed!

They can do great things when I'm not driving!

solihull109
01-22-2007, 12:27 PM
X2

I'll second that!, he went every where just fine....can't believe those stock 10 splines took that abuse though....:)

sven
01-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Actually I was wrong...Scotts truck has stock 88" springs and only 3 shocks :D He broke his parabolics with a snowplow...

Disco96JSWB
01-22-2007, 08:20 PM
So I'm the new guy. Jake (8 years old) and I had fun. I was upset about my rear quarter, but I knew the risks . . . Jake captured it on video, along with a few other moments, which is pretty cool. My wife laughed when we got home(but she drives a Sequoia, so what can she know?)

I need a drivers side mirror assembly and a drivers side rear window. Any suggestions on sources? (I got a few suggestions on the trail, but wasn't in the right frame of mind to write them down.) I'm around West Chester, PA.

All in all, we had fun. Kyle at Paragon gave us a roll of duct tape, and the patch held all the way home. The worst part of the day was the realization that I should have gone for the automatic 11 years ago for (big) rock crawling.

- Jeremy

derekdilks
01-22-2007, 09:22 PM
So I'm the new guy. Jake (8 years old) and I had fun. I was upset about my rear quarter, but I knew the risks . . . Jake captured it on video, along with a few other moments, which is pretty cool. My wife laughed when we got home(but she drives a Sequoia, so what can she know?)

I need a drivers side mirror assembly and a drivers side rear window. Any suggestions on sources? (I got a few suggestions on the trail, but wasn't in the right frame of mind to write them down.) I'm around West Chester, PA.

All in all, we had fun. Kyle at Paragon gave us a roll of duct tape, and the patch held all the way home. The worst part of the day was the realization that I should have gone for the automatic 11 years ago for (big) rock crawling.

- Jeremy

Jeremy, you should be proud, your D1 did some amazing things... Welcome to the mirror-less club ;)

Shout out to Randy and Ed for leading the way, it was an awesome day!!

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31109&referrerid=6216

solihull109
01-22-2007, 09:36 PM
About paragon, I nominate Sean to step forward and purchase said property so we can continue to enjoy kick butt trails. With his income from the AAEI(adult animal entertainment industry), this could be a tax break for him! Just think, owning all that land would enable him to selectively raise his own animals...I mean actors...:D

pushngo
01-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I need a drivers side mirror assembly and a drivers side rear window. Any suggestions on sources? - Jeremy

Jeremy

car-parts.com for the mirror (just cuz Will didn't have any)
Will Tillery for everything else 434 251-9331

My mirror came from some place in Maine for $50 shipped Will didn't have any I would call him first though a real good guy and good prices. He was giving away glass for the cost of shipping a while ago so if you get a few parts there you may do better

Disco96JSWB
01-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Thank you, Randy, for that info. I will call Will Tillery today.

I echo the thanks to Randy and Ed for leading, and to John for his help bringing up the back end of the convoy, too. We kept him busy with sand ladders, piling rocks, etc.

- Jeremy

sven
01-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I think the word of the day was teamwork. Everybody did a graet job of helping everyone out. I had loads of fun too!

So when 's the next trip?

pushngo
01-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I think the word of the day was teamwork. Everybody did a graet job of helping everyone out. I had loads of fun too!

So when 's the next trip?

Derek wants to go on Sat if you are around

JohnC
01-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey Jermey,

Nice meeting you and your son. Sorry I didn't get you the waffleboards sooner but I was stuck in the back and had to move a few trucks before I could get mine out of the water.

Here's a link to my pics (http://gallery.4x4ag.com/thumbnails.php?album=12&page=1).

John