PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Fault Finding

Radar
01-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts!!
Hoping (or perhaps not) that someone has encountered the situation I have. Bought the vehicle as a salvage, but it is in great shape. Anyway, I've been trying to get the tach working since I've got it. I encountered battery problems yesterday when trying to find a coolant problem. The vehicle failed to start. Alternator is new, as is the starter. Jump start got me to work, where I purchased another battery. Whilst on the way home from wor, with thew original battery still in place, and apparently holding a charge, the truck began to lose power, and "surge", but not shut down completely. At this point I observed that the Tach had began to function. (The tach has always swung at startup, so I thought it might have been a disconnected wire from the source of the revs). Successfully arrived "chez nous" and left her for the morning, with better lighting. I replaced the battery this morning, and the tach has again ceased to work, but the vehicle seems to be running fine again. Any suggestions? Could it be an intermittent fault of the distributor amplifier module or the reluctor? Thanks in advance for any ideas to get this Lady back up to her potential.

Steve