PDA

View Full Version : Who rides?

solihull109
01-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Since the weather is ...timid this year, does anyone else in the group ride bike? Mountain or road, I do both, would anyone be interested in getting a group ride together. It can be single track, hardcore trials(does anyone else do that?), a good 50 miler on the road, whatever. Might as well take advantage of the time.....:)

kirkt
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
I ride my cross bike during the week at lunch in the heinz refuge doiwn by the PHL airport. I have been wanting to ride all of the new singletrack at Belmont Plateau for years now but I would need to schedule that on a weekend, with kids and all. I ride valley forge park and wissahickon locally. Mostly ride trails on my cross bike and mountain bike too.

Where are you? You are EWR aren't you? Sweet!

Kirk

solihull109
01-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Wissahickon park( Valley Green) kicks arse, some of the best single track around !:D EWR, yes.
Let me know when/where.:cool:

solihull109
01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Kirk, with that said, I'm not that late teen twenty something that used to race. Now with kids, bionic hip, time, I'm kinda like that old VW GTI with 160,000 miles, still a little quick but breaks loose and doesn't quite handle like it should:eek:

kirkt
01-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure there is an automotive analogy that would describe my riding style. It's not fast. It's not flashy. No suspension travel. Wheezing and sputtering. Like to ride technical stuff and slog through the mud. Wait a second... how about a Land Rover with 160,000 miles on it and dents in all the body panels running on 3 cylinders?

I'd be up for a ride in the Wissahickon this weekend - maybe a couple of hours?

kirk