PDA

View Full Version : Heated windshield RELAY location

mlp141
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Hopefully Trevor or someone who knows Disco electronics can help.

Where is the heated windscreen relay located. I had a heated windshield installed when mine cracked. I installed the switch, purchased the relay and had the $tealership testbook it on. But, my ECU fried because I think I put the relay in the wrong location.

That said, I removed the relay and played dumb and the dealership fixed the ECU thing under warranty. I never mentioned the windscreen to them.

Anyway, I really would like to get it to work. So, anyone know FOR CERTAIN where that relay goes. I am going to order another relay, so a part number would help too.

Gracias.

--Michael

mlp141
01-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Any one?

rvrsrvc
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
AMR5293 and from what I an tell in my books, the relay goes into the slot in the engine compartment fuse box that is closest to the battery and closest to the engine-basically from the driver's seat, the Left Front of the fuse box. The dealer turned on the heated screen option? What did they charge for that?
Which relay port did you install that caused the failure?

mlp141
01-26-2007, 08:16 AM
AMR5293 and from what I an tell in my books, the relay goes into the slot in the engine compartment fuse box that is closest to the battery and closest to the engine-basically from the driver's seat, the Left Front of the fuse box. The dealer turned on the heated screen option? What did they charge for that?
Which relay port did you install that caused the failure?

I put the relay somewhere in the middle -- slot No. 8 maybe? It was a while ago and I cannot remember. I followed a wright up on disco2.com -- thanks to those guys.:o

As for the $tealership, I think they got me for $40 for the activation.

Just so I am aware, will the slot for the relay be empty now, since it was not a factory installed option? I'll be under the hood tomorrow -- it's to effing cold today! Besides I have headlights to replace.

Also, is this accurate? -- the relay would go where the X is? Assuming the headlights are on top?

0 0
0 0
0 0

rvrsrvc
01-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Should be an open slot. and yes, the pictogram is correct assuming that the headlights are at the top.
At first I thought the x's and o's were hugs and kisses! Glad you clarified that.

mlp141
01-27-2007, 11:36 AM
OK, I was just under the hood and the only open relay spot is R8 -- which the map on the insode of the fuse box labels with a picture of a book.

That front left spot has a relay in it. Is this just a dummy relay?

solihull109
01-27-2007, 12:04 PM
See why a series rover is superior?:D