PDA

View Full Version : Lr3...

solihull109
01-24-2007, 08:50 PM
OK, who in the group has one(I know Derek does)? Are they satisfied with it, which model and what they might change. How's the mileage...any tyre issues that I've been hearing about. Might be considering one, but want some "real world" responses, thanks.

derekdilks
01-24-2007, 10:15 PM
well I've only had it for a few months so I don't have a solid long-term perspective to offer, especially in regard to off-road capabilities. The one time I had it off of pavement I got it stuck in mud, but that was my fault not the trucks... 50% driver right? :confused: I've heard great things from other owners and non-owners. But around town it's been a blast to drive, stock tires are no good for all purpose use! I'm looking into M/T's or A/T's now but haven't decided on a manufacture, checking the forums for feedback and getting a lot of good info on what fits.

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23205&referrerid=6216

I took her to Savannah, GA from Hburg, PA with my in-laws, my mother, wife, 12yr old son (total 6 people + all luggage + 2sets golf clubs) and we had NO complaints... The 3rd row is incredibly roomy, especially when compared to the DII SE7. I sat back there with my son for a few hours of the trip and was very happy. The 4.4 hauls ass esp in "Sport" mode, getting 16mpg right now with only 6k on the OD.

One thing I also like is how all of the seats fold completely flat for hauling stuff around or for the dogs. I'd buy this truck again for sure. But check back in a year...

Good Luck

Forgot to mention my model is the HSE, with the rear locker and heavy duty susp. What would I change? Tires and rear lights, think the rear lights look like ****, but not much I can do abt that. Also the Harmon Kardon stereo system stinks. My 2000 DII has the most kick as stereo system ever and it's also the HK, not sure what they did wrong in the LR3 but the quality is not there.

pushngo
01-25-2007, 09:50 AM
well I've only had it for a few months so I don't have a solid long-term perspective to offer, especially in regard to off-road capabilities. The one time I had it off of pavement I got it stuck in mud, but that was my fault not the trucks... 50% driver right? :confused: I've heard great things from other owners and non-owners. But around town it's been a blast to drive, stock tires are no good for all purpose use! I'm looking into M/T's or A/T's now but haven't decided on a manufacture, checking the forums for feedback and getting a lot of good info on what fits.

http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23205&referrerid=6216

I took her to Savannah, GA from Hburg, PA with my in-laws, my mother, wife, 12yr old son (total 6 people + all luggage + 2sets golf clubs) and we had NO complaints... The 3rd row is incredibly roomy, especially when compared to the DII SE7. I sat back there with my son for a few hours of the trip and was very happy. The 4.4 hauls ass esp in "Sport" mode, getting 16mpg right now with only 6k on the OD.

One thing I also like is how all of the seats fold completely flat for hauling stuff around or for the dogs. I'd buy this truck again for sure. But check back in a year...

Good Luck

Forgot to mention my model is the HSE, with the rear locker and heavy duty susp. What would I change? Tires and rear lights, think the rear lights look like ****, but not much I can do abt that. Also the Harmon Kardon stereo system stinks. My 2000 DII has the most kick as stereo system ever and it's also the HK, not sure what they did wrong in the LR3 but the quality is not there.

I would like to know how they tow I am considering an LR3 also or mabe a RR. They both only have a 7700lb capacity (which is the same as most Rovers) but that would be fine with the Disco and trailer and the engine certainly would be better than the RRC that Trevor seems to use reasonably successfully.

rvrsrvc
01-25-2007, 09:55 PM
6k already? Don't forget you've got 4 other vehicles at my house if you want to spread out the mileage!
I think my RRC is rated at 5k towing capacity w/ a braked trailer. Now the trailer is 1800# and the Disco is probably in excess of 5k#, so that little 3.9 works hard. Works well, but hard.
If a Disco3 pulls 7.7k, that may be a better way to go. The cost of the D3 also buys a lot of pick-em up truck, but a Rover would look better in my driveway. Anybody interested in a hard working, solid and reliable 95 SWB?

jason
01-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Anybody interested in a hard working, solid and reliable 95 SWB?

I really shouldn't ask, but I need to know more. What's the story?

pushngo
01-26-2007, 10:17 AM
I spoke with a guy (dealer) who had both a diesel Excursion and a 03 RR there He said the RR would have no trouble hauling the truck and trailer said the Diesel would definately be better but the price of any diesel truck is crazy and the RR is definately going to be more impressive as a real estate daily driver.

Anybody got a bag of cash they could lend me till I get my memory back?

solihull109
01-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Awh come on, you real estate guys are LOADED!...:)
But if you find Mr moneybags, after you're through with him, could you point him up Rte. 15 North please.