PDA

View Full Version : RR Calaway edition

pushngo
01-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Anybody seen one of these?

There were only 220 made and I had a guy call me with one. I am going to see it tomorrow but just don't think it is what I am looking for... but would appreciate some input if anyone has any.

sven
01-26-2007, 04:05 PM
What is it? A P38 or new RR?

pushngo
01-26-2007, 05:55 PM
What is it? A P38 or new RR?

P38

The new ones didn't come out till '03 A callaway MK3 I wouln't tell anybody till I owned it Mbe an Overfinch Got to wake up now

solihull109
01-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Anybody seen one of these?

There were only 220 made and I had a guy call me with one. I am going to see it tomorrow but just don't think it is what I am looking for... but would appreciate some input if anyone has any.
Hey Randy, how did you make out with the P38. I think the Calloway had different interior bits.....I can't remember, I've only read about them, haven't seen one in person. Fill us in on the goods , I'm curious now.........I had an '02 P38 about a year ago, rode very well, but I just couldn't bring myself to drive it into the woods..:)

pushngo
01-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Man the thing is fast, well compared to my D2, love the t-case which has 1.25 in hi range and 1: 3.6 in low the sound and dual exhaust is sweet It looked real original as far as could tell the only thingI saw missing was the fibre carbon air intake. The pillar overs and someother pieces that have that felt like stuff look a little more worn than I woud have thought but all in all if I had $12kextra I would be an owner just to have it.

And the reason I had actualy gone to see these guys was the Excursion Powerstroke. There is an interesting ride. I believe it would crush the RR in a race and so smooth, I rolled on the throttle and was shocked when I looked down and was doing 90 and 25 mpg. I was not impressed with the seat positioning, being used to the D2 that you sit in and it wraps around you this felt like you are sitting out in the open and reaching for the wheel, much like a motorcycle in a weird kind of way. It had a lot of things I want but my other vehicle of choice is the MK3 which as cool and fast etc as it is you give up some tow capacity which is a 4 times a year mabe thing and of course the 12mpg thing which will prolly be $3-4k/yr differance. But te resale on the Excursion vs RR. Lots to consider