PDA

View Full Version : Series side view mirrors

derekdilks
01-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I'd like to put series side mirrors on my DII hood or fenders. Sacrilege? Perhaps but they won't get shaved off, it's a good design concept... Anyone have a spare set around I'll take em... Or a name/phone number for a good source is greatly appreciated.

solihull109
01-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Well Derek, here in lies the problem. Series mirrors are "bent', which allows them to stick out, which I'm sure you're aware of, but if mounted to your Dll wing, it doesn't leave much room, which then causes the mirror to stick out even further than your stock mirrors. Unless you wanted to fabricate your own custom set.......:cool:

rvrsrvc
01-29-2007, 11:13 AM
They could be placed on the bonnet, although that may be the last straight panel...
Rovers North has 5" and 8" mounts with round , 5x7 rectangular, 6x10 rectangular, and Wolf unbreako units.
I'm fitting a few to Phil's 109 next month and I think for 2 6x10's on 8" mounts were about $60-ish

derekdilks
01-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Here's my thought process on this: I was going to mount them on the hood. They have to stick out a little to see the side of the vehicle, but I think that's ok. If you look at both of my front fenders, they're practically perfect, but my doors?? Yikes!! For some reason I can always get the first 1/3 of the DII through an obstacle, it's when I get to the doors (esp the mirror location) when problems arise... This is mostly the driver I know, but if I take off one more freaking mirror I'm going to scream! And for the record MOST of the damage to the doors was done BEFORE Trevor installed sliders... Thank goodness for RTE nerf sliders :D

solihull109
01-29-2007, 04:13 PM
The hood....ah, my bad, for some reason I didn't expect you to say you would mount them there....:confused:

crazyfish
01-29-2007, 04:21 PM
here's a gizzilion options, all of them priced fairly.

http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/cgi/htmlos.exe/004719.3.023917355800000219

flippedrover
01-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Here's my thought process on this: I was going to mount them on the hood. They have to stick out a little to see the side of the vehicle, but I think that's ok. If you look at both of my front fenders, they're practically perfect, but my doors?? Yikes!! For some reason I can always get the first 1/3 of the DII through an obstacle, it's when I get to the doors (esp the mirror location) when problems arise... This is mostly the driver I know, but if I take off one more freaking mirror I'm going to scream! And for the record MOST of the damage to the doors was done BEFORE Trevor installed sliders... Thank goodness for RTE nerf sliders :D
You are folding your mirrors in when you hit the trail?

derekdilks
01-29-2007, 08:15 PM
You are folding your mirrors in when you hit the trail?

Yep, learned that the first day out :D Even so my mirrors were folded in both times they were shaved off on a tree. Two at last years fall Robesonia, Once at Rausch :mad: I've gotten much better, but I'm not convinced it won't happen again so I don't want to spend the money to replaced them.

derekdilks
01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
here's a gizzilion options, all of them priced fairly.

http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/cgi/htmlos.exe/004719.3.023917355800000219

Wow only $10!!! Who knew...... Well, you did. thanks!!

crazyfish
01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Not sure why the link doesn't work now - did you find something?

flippedrover
01-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Yep, learned that the first day out :D Even so my mirrors were folded in both times they were shaved off on a tree. Two at last years fall Robesonia, Once at Rausch :mad: I've gotten much better, but I'm not convinced it won't happen again so I don't want to spend the money to replaced them.
Dang.

rvrsrvc
01-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Not sure why the link doesn't work now - did you find something?

Yes worked for me yesterday, I found a few things that would work on the DII between $10-$22... Thanks for the link....

crazyfish
01-30-2007, 11:40 PM
well, for future reference http://www.oldchevytrucks.com, click on Research Catalog, and just type in "mirror"