PDA

View Full Version : Trade 95 RRC LWB for a Series!!

derekdilks
01-31-2007, 09:43 PM
STRONG RUNNER, 175k mi, I paid $5k for her abt a year ago and put abt the same into it, have all invoices, runs very very strong, in fact it's the best running RRC I've owned, coil converted, Trevor has worked on since it came into the family, and I'm only the 2nd owner, have all the dealerstamps in the owner manual for oilchanges and regular maint, Everything works except cruise, NO RUST ON TAILGATE OR WINDOW, lots of character dings and scratches, one large dent in lower section of passender door, Ardennes Green I think (It's the really dark green) New Geolanders (31") with abt 2k miles.

All Series trades considered, I'd prefer to be able to drive it home, RHD would be cool too.... Please spread the word, this is a great LWB Lives in Harrisburg, PA

Derek (202) two four six 7966

solihull109
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Derek, I have a running/driving 76 S3 RHD, standard roof, first gear is a little funny, but runs good. Good plates and title, good tyres, small dents and dings, will have my new prototype rock sliders fitted, as well as diff guards.
So, I'll trade ya, but you might owe me a coulpe of bucks;)

OR, I'll trade a 1966 109, not too shabby, runs fine but steers horribly, right now at least. This rig would have to be a quick transaction because it would be fresh off the rollback!

Carey

derekdilks
02-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Derek, I have a running/driving 76 S3 RHD, standard roof, first gear is a little funny, but runs good. Good plates and title, good tyres, small dents and dings, will have my new prototype rock sliders fitted, as well as diff guards.
So, I'll trade ya, but you might owe me a coulpe of bucks;)

OR, I'll trade a 1966 109, not too shabby, runs fine but steers horribly, right now at least. This rig would have to be a quick transaction because it would be fresh off the rollback!

Carey

Awesome!! I'll call you tomorrow. I have some ideas....

crazyfish
02-02-2007, 12:08 AM

lol let me guess, is it Catepillar yellow?

solihull109
02-02-2007, 12:17 AM
lol let me guess, is it Catepillar yellow?
Not, too sure on that one, it was dark. But for $199, Maaco will paint it any color you like...:)

derekdilks
02-02-2007, 01:44 PM
Man do I feel dumb, I need to hang in the forums more often to figure out who owns what, and when Carey is giving away someones car or not :D

galen211
02-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Man do I feel dumb, I need to hang in the forums more often to figure out who owns what, and when Carey is giving away someones car or not :D

lol, someday I'll let you drive the Series then you will be really bitten by the bug.

solihull109
02-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Sorry about that Derek:( , The only series I'll GIVE away is Seans

galen211
02-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Derek,

Have any pictures to post?

flippedrover
02-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Heck drive one at SCC if any of their owners will let you.

derekdilks
03-20-2007, 07:13 AM
http://www.skytoprover.com/1980_series_III_rhd.html

Thinking about trading toward this..... Anyone heard of Skytop? Trevor has a customer who bought from him who is happy but wasn't sold "exactly" what he expected. Anyway this truck has a Perkins engine. Thoughts anyone? Carey?

galen211
03-20-2007, 08:59 AM
I know two people that have trucks from Skytop, Larry C and Matt K, and both seem happy with their trucks and they both look like very nice trucks.

Honestly the price difference should not be much. I think his prices are a little too high for the Series right now.

As far as the Perkins is concerned, there are Perkins dealers in the USA, will they carry parts for that engine? Probably not. If something breaks will you have to wait for parts to come in from the UK, but this has never seemed like a big deal to me unless you plan on daily driving the vehicle....

sven
03-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Id still look around. For the amount of $ he wants for that, you could find a much nicer series. I saw a series coiler hybrid on LRX for that much $.

Derek, you dont need a series...You need another LWB ;)

Rob P
03-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Why does the exaust pipe in that truck look like a snake escaping from the zoo?

flippedrover
03-21-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.skytoprover.com/1980_series_III_rhd.html

Thinking about trading toward this..... Anyone heard of Skytop? Trevor has a customer who bought from him who is happy but wasn't sold "exactly" what he expected. Anyway this truck has a Perkins engine. Thoughts anyone? Carey?
Do a search on D-90 for skytop. For some reason I'm thinking I've heard bad things about them. But I can't remember.

derekdilks
03-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Why does the exaust pipe in that truck look like a snake escaping from the zoo?

Rob, good observation :eek: I actually asked about this and he said it's a temp setup and that he'd custom bend an exhaust if I bought it. I'm not feeling it with this 3 door... Keeping the search going.

galen211
05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Are you still interested in trading?

Tom109
05-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Derek,

Check this puppy out:
http://tntlr.com/vehicle10/index.htm

It's a lot of dosh, but it appears to be a really complete, nice, clean MoD truck. And it even has the metal dash!

I'd love to check it out in person if you buy it!!!!!

Tom P.

rvrsrvc
05-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Have to let Derek have the final say, but he bought a D90 recently and we were talking about selling the LWB offered for trade to my dad as the insurance totaled his LWB.
Rear ended at low speed by a rubber-necker that hit below the bumper but lifted into the quarter/sail panel/tailgate. The buy back was cheap so we'll have some more 95 LWB parts soon!

derekdilks
05-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Derek,

Check this puppy out:
http://tntlr.com/vehicle10/index.htm

It's a lot of dosh, but it appears to be a really complete, nice, clean MoD truck. And it even has the metal dash!

I'd love to check it out in person if you buy it!!!!!

Tom P.

That is NICE. $12k seems fair if it is what the description says it is.

derekdilks
05-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Are you still interested in trading?

Yes, Trevors Dad has first dibs since his was totaled, but not sure he's going to take it or not. I think we'll know by the weekend.