PDA

View Full Version : Paragon Closed?

Disco96JSWB
02-05-2007, 01:37 PM
My son and I went up yesterday to "say goodbye" to the old Paragon. It was a great day for the trails because of the snow and ice, but a sad day seeing all the trailers, fencing, etc. being packed up. All accounts are that the owner (Kyle) is going to re-open the facility in a different location.

The turn out was good yesterday, although Saturday was apparently the big day (500+ rigs). Only a handful of Rovers yesterday, but there was a Pinzgauer which was impressive.

jason
02-06-2007, 09:43 PM
What bothers me the most is that out of 15,000 acres, they couldn't compromise and leave a fraction open to Paragon. Anyone that's been to Rausch Creek knows that 1,200 acres goes a long way. Paragon had really gotten their stuff together in the last few years, and I was always excited to go there. :(

flippedrover
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
There is apparently good bit more land for Rausch to use that they haven't yet.

solihull109
02-08-2007, 01:01 AM
I heard somewhere that they are planning on opening back up somewhere else?Is that fact or fiction, and if so does anyone know where,or which state(assuming they would leave Pa)?

galen211
02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I heard somewhere that they are planning on opening back up somewhere else?Is that fact or fiction, and if so does anyone know where,or which state(assuming they would leave Pa)?

Right now they are still fighting for where they are. Reading PAP's forum I haven't gotten the impression that they have even thought about new locations.

sven
02-08-2007, 11:17 AM
I read this on another forum..They are still open!

Lokuta says Paragon can keep land until appeals have been exhausted

WILKES-BARRE – The owner of Paragon Adventure Park scored another victory in court today when a judge ruled that Kyle Knosp – the off-road-vehicle park owner – would keep possession of the park’s land until all appeals on a lease issue have been exhausted.

Gladstone Partners L.P. – a group that wants to build a $1.6 billion cargo airport on land partly occupied by the park – sued Knosp, claiming that he breached his 25-year lease with landowner PCA Corp. The Gladstone Partners want Paragon evicted so they can buy the land from PCA Corp.
Knosp denied breaching the lease and is appealing an eviction order issued by a lower court.

Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas Judge Ann Lokuta denied nearly every motion or request Gladstone made at today’s hearing, including a request to recuse herself from the case because of a possible prejudice toward Gladstone’s attorney of record – Jill Moran, who is also the county prothonotary.

Lokuta heard arguments on whether a preliminary injunction she issued yesterday to bar Gladstone from the land through the appeal process should remain in effect.

Gladstone on Monday had exercised an eviction order from a lower court; they padlocked the park gate and locked Knosp out of his office trailer.
The order Lokuta issued today prohibits Gladstone from denying Knosp access to the land and barred Gladstone from interfering with Paragon’s use of the land throughout the appeals process. Her order also requires Knosp to post a $7,648.35 bond to guarantee his appeal, rather than honor Gladstone’s request that he post a $40 million bond.

Look for the full story in Thursday’s Times Leader.

mlp141
02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe there is hope. I certainly hope to get up there again before it is gone forever.