PDA

View Full Version : rover classic wont start 1991

Unregistered
01-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Hey any help would be great, its ski season and my range rover classic wont start. A few things. It will start with starting fluid. I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump relay allready. I took a fuel line off at the outlet from the pump turned the key and it sprayed gas all over the inside of my rover so I think the fuel pump works. The check engine light came on about 2 months ago but I did not have time to have it checked out. The motor cranks fine. I have about 135 k on the rover and it has had new plug wires and air filter recently. I have not done plugs in 20,000. miles. The oil is changed regularly and I run injector cleaner through about ever 5k either lucas or techron. It has been harder to start lately before it broke down. It would usualy like to be cranked once for a couple turns then turn the key back to off and crank again it would always start then. The battery is not dead. The starter turns fast.
One other question that may relate. When I turn the key to on position the dash lights only flash on for a second then they go out while the engine cranks. Im not sure if that is normal. Thank you for any help. Im really lost.