PDA

View Full Version : Fluid disposal?

superpowerdave
03-12-2007, 08:34 PM
All right fellas ... after going through the truck and replacing/filling all the little areas where fluids have either drainer themselves or weren't there to begin with I've accumulated a few dozen containers of dirty fluid.

From antifreeze to EP-90 to motor oil, I've got a little of it all ... and now my wife wants it out of the garage.

I've heard most auto places will do the oil, but what about everything else? Suggestions warmly welcomed ... sarcasm will be taken on a case by case basis :)

Frank84
03-12-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure what kind of facilities your town or county have, but in my town the town recycling center will take old oil and all the other old car fluids.

Rob P
03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Round here, just about anywhere that sells oil/antifreeze will take used in return. In NC? Not sure.

solihull109
03-12-2007, 09:41 PM
In Billyport we just use them as weed killers...sprinkle a little here and there:D. or if I'm really lucky, I just refill into appropriate containers and sell to Jeep guys as new........

rmuller
03-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Autozone / Pepboys around here takes it.... you bring it in a container... they enter your name in the computer (Autozone near me limits it to 5 gallons a day) ... and then walk you in the back, you pour it into this big receptacle they have, and take your containers with you... all free of charge.