PDA

View Full Version : C.B. Radios

Rob P
03-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Do you all run C.B. radios in your LR's? Or do you all prefer the smaller family friendly 2 ways? If so where do you mount in a Disco and can somebody share pictures with me?

JohnC
03-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Both.

Cobra SX75 attached to the side of the center console. I plan on moving it to the rollbar this spring.

Rob P
04-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I finished mounting my C.B. in my Rover tonight. It is between the sun visors on the plastic extension in front of the LR emblem. Antenna is magnent mount on roof with wire running to back door and inside along plastic trim above doors up to front and through "map" holders. It looks OK. I found a wire that is only on with the radio and stuff up in the plastic overhead compartment that used to go to the auto dimming mirror but that mirror is missing. I stole power from there and grounded to the interior light ground wire.

It's a monster mobile radio with sideband and all.

http://www.cbgazette.com/uniden_grantxl.jpg

jason
04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
We'll call you "Super Trucker" from now on.;)

oscar
04-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I thought I was the only one left that still used one....other than the truckers. Especially on high speed interstate runs.....family asleep, I have a modified airline headset to listen to the cb......

Man, you hear some interesting stuff in the middle of the night down I-95, or the mountains of Kentucky....:eek:

Rob P
04-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I used to be heavily into CB radio. I had a base station set up and a 5/8th wave 22 foot antenna on the roof, linear amplifier and everything. All gone now. This radio I installed was my base unit but I don't have any "domestic" use for it anymore.

Ever use sideband Oscar?