PDA

View Full Version : new membership stuff

Rob P
03-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I followed the paypal link on the main page, paid my dues, paypal debited my account, etc so on and so forth. My question is........How will the "club" know my address or name? I did manage to get a newsletter though and I thank Mr. Galen for that.

crazyfish
03-28-2007, 10:17 PM
we have spies.

That, and PayPal tells us your address, phone number, age, sex, weight, favorite weight oil, potential for purchasing a Series, favorite crayola color, sleeping bag rating, tire size and first love.

jason
03-29-2007, 06:29 PM
You should have received a welcome letter with your club stickers. If you got a newsletter, then you are an active member.

Rob P
03-29-2007, 09:20 PM
we have spies.

That, and PayPal tells us your address, phone number, age, sex, weight, favorite weight oil, potential for purchasing a Series, favorite crayola color, sleeping bag rating, tire size and first love.

So you know where I live, my number, age, my sexual likes and dislikes, I hate to wait (ask my girlfriend), that I like 10w-40 for summer, Series ownership likeliness is low, blue-green, I'm OK to -20, 16" and about that girl from 11th grade when I was in 9th grade who I put notes through her locker vents and she confronted me about it and said it was cute and she was flattered but she wasn't interested right then? (true story)

Them are damn good spies.

jason
03-30-2007, 06:29 PM
...and about that girl from 11th grade when I was in 9th grade who I put notes through her locker vents and she confronted me about it and said it was cute and she was flattered but she wasn't interested right then? (true story)

Them are damn good spies.

Our sources informed us that she is expecting your call. Oh, and you might want to check the label in your sleeping bag again. We have conflicting intel.:cool:

galen211
04-02-2007, 09:15 AM
said it was cute and she was flattered but she wasn't interested right then?

Story of my life.....

Oh and my sleeping bag is good to 20 degrees.

Rob P
04-02-2007, 09:23 PM
If I had a sleeping bag instead of a 1965 pop-up camper I'd be in it by my mail box waiting for my R.O.V.E.R. sticker. But since it's nice out I'm sleeping in some old newspaper. (page showing my Tracker and my old camper)

http://www.msnusers.com/RobPPictures/deepcreeklakemd.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=229

oscar
04-03-2007, 08:47 AM
If I may chime in, WHERE does one sign up?

solihull109
04-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Your particular case is "special". You need to go to the nearest state facility, travel to the "5th" floor, and there are plenty of "white clad" people to guide in the right direction.:)

galen211
04-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Your particular case is "special". You need to go to the nearest state facility, travel to the "5th" floor, and there are plenty of "white clad" people to guide in the right direction.:)

Hello pot, yes my name is kettle.:D

solihull109
04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Oh...I'm not denying that. I feel that with my experience(:D ) I 'm qualified to to speak out when I see fellow looney's wandering adrift!

jason
04-04-2007, 05:37 PM
If I may chime in, WHERE does one sign up?

Oscar, glad you asked. Go to the website www.roversclub.org and follow the prompts to sign up and pay $25.00 USD via paypal ($516.00 Canadian). It is very important that you submit a shipping address on your payment, otherwise you will just be making a donation to a club you don't belong to.;) Once I receive your payment, I mail out your welcome letter and two stickers, the official club emblem and a roversclub.org window banner. You are then added to the mailing list spreadsheet that Galen and I share for newsletters and postcards. You also get a free t-shirt as a new member, but that you will receive at an official club event from yours truly. Robesonia is the next official club event on April 15th. Hope to see many new people there!
Jason

Rob P
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Don't do like I did and blindly send the club money. They take it as a good will gesture from the U.N.http://burkhartstudios.com/burkhart/photos/workers/begger.jpg

rmuller
04-05-2007, 08:33 PM
Once I receive your payment, I mail out your welcome letter and two stickers, the official club emblem and a roversclub.org window banner. ..... You also get a free t-shirt as a new member, but that you will receive at an official club event from yours truly.

Jason -- I never got anything either.. no letter, no stickers, no tshirt! Just newsletters, which I do enjoy though. I've been a member for 2-3 years.

-Ryan

flippedrover
04-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Yeah so when can I expect my shirt? Been around here now for what 4 years?

crazyfish
04-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Actually, new members started getting free t-shirts after last years picnic. That's went Jason decided to make new members get that warm and fuzzy feeling after parting with their money.

If you use PayPal, there should be an address, but as always yell and scream if you don't get something. Our shipping department is free labor.....

oscar
04-06-2007, 11:43 AM
The nice people in the white coats guided me to a secure terminal and I paid our pal....... I am now camped out by the mail box in the hope that the postal worker will look at the sender on the package, have some kindness in his heart, and not throw it in the creek with all my other stuff.......

BTW, on a UK site that I visit, in true British Class oriented fashion, it shows who is, and is not a member in the name/avatar field.... guess we don't doodat here?

jason
04-06-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm not afraid to show my name!;) Ryan, when you first joined the club, I wasn't in charge of membership. Next time I see you, I'll dole out a few stickers. I was a little curious why your beautiful Disco wasn't representing.:)

Oscar and Rob, you should be getting your stuff shortly. New member free t-shirts are available in person at club events.

Rob P
04-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Can't help but feel that I opened up a can of worms here. Hope the powers that be forgive me and don't send me looking for imaginary special LR tools at Robesonia when somebodies truck breaks.

oscar
04-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Didn't realize Robesonia was happening in time.... will be working....:(