View Full Version : ROAV Spring Rallye May 18, 19, 20

crazyfish
03-31-2007, 11:19 AM
2007 ROAV Spring Rally

May 18th, 19th and 20th

Crozet, VA
N38° 5.748'
W78° 42.443'

The much anticipated 2007 ROAV Spring Rally is finalized and the registrations are ready to go!

This year we will be just outside of Charlottesville, VA in scenic Crozet, VA. Our base of operations and primary campground will be at beautiful Misty Mountain Campground, just off I-64 exit 107.

We have planned 2 very different themes of Rover fun for the main club day, Saturday the 19th.

First, for those wishing to test their driving skills and nerve, (or maybe wanting to test someone else’s?) we have scheduled a ROAV club event at the always popular and addicting off-road park in Crozet operated by Chris Packard. The park offers a purpose built trail system designed to test the extreme limits of you and your vehicle, while still offering the option to enjoy the day with even a more stock ride and “more sensible” disposition.

Second, for those desiring a more scenic day out, we have planned a great day of driving involving a tour through some of VA’s renowned countryside and an off-road detour that is proven to satisfy stock and gentle drivers, as well as offer some challenge for those more daring. This detour will drop us onto the Blue Ridge Parkway, where we will meander back for a tour of one of VA’s famous wineries.

The day on Saturday will be capped off by a club barbeque at Misty Mountain where all can share their experiences of the day. Don’t forget your digital cameras! This is always an easy way to share your photos of the day with everyone!

We plan to have both the club Teeter Totter and RTI ramp available at the campground for all to have a little fun and friendly competition with.

If you have any questions contact mike@roav.org

pushngo
03-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Trevor and Derek are thinking about the Unharrie safari on May 4th weekend and there is this outing.

Which one would be the most interesting and would either be family friendly?

I would love to do both but neither time or money would allow such a venture.

Who is planning on attending either?

flippedrover
03-31-2007, 05:23 PM
Trevor and Derek are thinking about the Unharrie safari on May 4th weekend and there is this outing.

Which one would be the most interesting and would either be family friendly?

I would love to do both but neither time or money would allow such a venture.

Who is planning on attending either?
Crozet would be more interesting if you like running hard trails. If the wife and little ones don't want to wheel the hard stuff then the winery tour would probably be good fun. Plus there are hotels and things to do in C'ville.

Nomar
04-02-2007, 08:47 AM
If you are wanting more difficult trails, Randy, I would do the ROAV event. Blues, Blacks and Red trails available at Crozet,VA. Not like the wimpy, muddy MAR trails.
Come to the ROAV spring rally, ......unless yer skeered!

I can't speak for the Uwharrie, but ROAV's is definitely family-friendly!