PDA

View Full Version : Read a good RR book lately?

Joe
04-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I think I am getting the bug for a Series. Does anyone have a recommendation for the ultimate Series book? Does it exist? There seems to be a lot of them out there, but I'm more interested in learning the differences in the models and would hope the recommendation has lots of pictures. Thanks!

jason
04-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Joe, I have a restoration guide that I'm afraid to open. I've got a fear of commitment. You're welcome to it. I also have the original owners manual, which is kind of neat.

crazyfish
04-17-2007, 10:11 PM
1) See Series drive
2) Someone makes you drive a Series ( Sven drove mine at SCC, and look what happened to him!)
3) Look at 15 of them online
4) Look at 3 of them in person
5) Purchase Series
6) Throw tons of money at it
7) Dent it
8) Someone sees you drive it
9) You let some one drive it

Repete.

Get a series II or IIa, not one of those pansy plastic dash ones :)
I forget where you are from, but if you want to take a 109 SW out for a spin, give me a call.

jason
04-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm on step 5 of the "Series purchase plan". I'm much afraid to go to step 6. Galen and I also fell victim to Sean's 109 at Spruce Cabin. I see the pattern now.:rolleyes: How could I have been so blind?

oscar
04-18-2007, 06:52 PM
1) See Series drive
Evan
2) Someone makes you drive a Series ( Sven drove mine at SCC, and look what happened to him!)
Evan
3) Look at 15 of them online
15? Try 150
4) Look at 3 of them in person
Nope one is enough....sucked in the first time.....of course you can't beat going for a walk in the English countryside and passing one with a for sale sign in it....
5) Purchase Series
Jolly good.
6) Throw tons of money at it
Just to get it in the freaking driveway.......(and it ain't there yet....)
7) Dent it
NO! I've seen what you guys do in the woods! If I partake in that it will be in a truck with beater panels..... Well, ok, I'll try it once.....vewy vewy cawefull.....
8) Someone sees you drive it
IF i get it passed inspection....
9) You let some one drive it
No way....well, are you buying?

Rob P
04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Watching someone drive one was great
Driving one myself would be awesome
Throwing tons of money at one would have to wait for minumim of 5 years until S.O.'s car is paid off and Child Support is finished for my 13 year old.......Then we'll see.

Until then I have to have a multi-tasker of which my Disco will do fine.

Joe
04-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks guys! Especially the offer of free stuff from Jason and the great "circle of logic" from Sean and the offer to actually drive a Series.

My plan is to win the New Jersey Pick 6 Lottery, buy the first one I find for sale, send it up to East Coast Rovers for a full body restore, send the engine to John Robeson in Springfield, MA, and then drive the crap out of it until it needs to be restored again!

And I would paint it AA Safety Yellow.

ccalado1
04-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Hello Joe, I am close to you if you want to drive one around the block. I am going to sell my series III as soon as I change the seats so you see you are doomed.

Cristina In Bridgewater

Joe
04-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi Christina...thanks for the "invitation." Let's talk at the next get-together although I do not think I am ready to buy just yet. I consider myself in the "educational" phase. Looks like I may be helping you the next shop day.