PDA

View Full Version : Brews....

solihull109
04-24-2007, 07:25 PM
So after a long stint in the shop I need some fresh air....name your favorite brew..lets take a poll here...how many Rovers guys enjoy liquid asphalt....and how many enjoy pale colored brews(Sean)...?

Rob P
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
One of my favs was called Koch'es Golden Anniversary Beer from NY. It was classic american yellow beer.

oscar
04-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Buckler......:D

sven
04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Belhaven is pretty damn good.

But this is my new favorite: http://www.ommegang.com/index.php

Evan
04-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Coors

crazyfish
04-24-2007, 10:16 PM
I love the nice hoppy brews of all types, my stomach doesn't any more so Rolling Rock has been the "drinking" beer lately. I feel like i'm in college again.

Really love hacker pschor ( can't think of the proper spelling )

KevinNY
04-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Belhaven is pretty damn good.

But this is my new favorite: http://www.ommegang.com/index.php

The Brewery tour is pretty cool there. It's just south of Cooperstown NY.

ini88
04-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Guinness, Fat Tire, Oatmeal Stouts are great too. Anything dark

scatterling
04-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Summer: Becks, Sam Adams, Windhoek Lager

Winter: Rogue - Dead Guy Ale, Fullers - London Porter (must pack on the pounds for the long cold winter :D ) - also I think if I drank Fullers all year long I would die!!!

Rob P
04-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Coors

Coors? Like Yellow can stuff? Shew, gives me a headache.

Suprised nobody listed Fosters

siiirhd88
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
XXXX from Australia was always good. Fiji Bitters was sometimes great, depending on the bottle.... no quality control evident.

Bob

spechols
04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
ONLY Spaten Optimator
7.2% and considered by many as the world’s finest dark beer.

Joe
04-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Where can you find XXXX from Australia? Super Saver on US 22 in Somerville, NJ stocks most of the beers imported to America and they do not have it. My favorites...Corona for light beer and Guinness Stout for dark.

sven
04-26-2007, 08:57 AM
ONLY Spaten Optimator
7.2% and considered by many as the world’s finest dark beer.

X2... Good stuff

siiirhd88
04-26-2007, 09:35 AM
We used to pick up XXXX at a beverage place in Morgantown, Pa. Not sure if they still carry it. I've never been able to get Fiji Bitters in the U.S. Fiji is a long way to go for a beer, but they did have an SIIA fire truck in the Lautoka fire station.

Bob

"Where can you find XXXX from Australia? Super Saver on US 22 in Somerville, NJ stocks most of the beers imported to America and they do not have it."

rmuller
04-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Hmm.. lots of good beers out there, all depends on my mood & the season as to what my favorite is:

cricket hill colonel blides altbier, cricket hill hopnotic, great divide hercules double ipa, allagash white, rochefort 10, westmalle tripel, brooklyn local 1, duvel, rogue morimoto imperial pilsner, and the list goes on...

If I'm at a bar that doesn't sell the more exotic beers, I'll stick with a Yuengling Lager or Magic Hat No #9... worst case scenario it'll be a miller light bottle (thats usually when the tap lines are dirty because at least i can rely on that tasting like its supposed to).

Oh, and if working on Rovers, don't be surprised to see me pull out some Boddingtons.. It's probably what the guys in Solihull were drinking when they built these things.

flippedrover
04-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Russian Imperial Stout and anything else from my buddy's brewery.

sven
04-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Speaking of brews, I wanna check out this (http://www.scbrewexpo.com/details.htm) in July. Anyone else?

KevinNY
04-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I've been wanting to go to this one in July but I have a conflict, wheeling and sailing in Maine.

http://www.vermontbrewers.com/festival.html

Randy
04-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Hmm.. lots of good beers out there, all depends on my mood & the season as to what my favorite is:

cricket hill colonel blides altbier, cricket hill hopnotic, great divide hercules double ipa, allagash white, rochefort 10, westmalle tripel, brooklyn local 1, duvel, rogue morimoto imperial pilsner, and the list goes on...

If I'm at a bar that doesn't sell the more exotic beers, I'll stick with a Yuengling Lager or Magic Hat No #9... worst case scenario it'll be a miller light bottle (thats usually when the tap lines are dirty because at least i can rely on that tasting like its supposed to).

Oh, and if working on Rovers, don't be surprised to see me pull out some Boddingtons.. It's probably what the guys in Solihull were drinking when they built these things.

Miller Lite has taste???? You started out good Ryan, but ruined your reputation with that line!

rmuller
04-29-2007, 06:02 PM
I didn't say it has taste, I said it tastes like its supposed to... beer flavored water... I dunno, considering the alternatives of bud, bud light, coors light, heineken, its the least offensive :)

crazyfish
04-29-2007, 08:33 PM
heineken is the one beer I just cant drink, and at all the functions, they buy it thinking its "high end" puke puke puke.

Rob P
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
I used to drink Hiney Kin once in a while, but I moved over to Rolling Rock when out and about. I had for a while been a Michelobe drinker but seems like it changed flavor when they abandoned the "old" style bottle. Now from the billboards I have seen the "old" style bottle is back. Wonder if the flavor will come back too?

Still like to drink the occasional Yukon Jack and Coke.