PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Flashers will not turn off!

Joe
05-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Crazy thing happened today while I attempted to climb the rock pile at the grand reopening of OK4x4 in Stewartsville, NJ...I slid off a rock and took a nice jolt. The emergency flashers went on and will not go off! They stay on when the key is turned off and even remain on when the negative battery cable is disconnected (must be due to the ground for the winch?) They do go off when the positive cable is disconnected. They will not even go out when the fuse is removed.Any ideas before I take it into a RR dealer? 1995 LWB.

kirkt
05-05-2007, 06:43 PM
I am not familiar with the specifics of a 95 RR, but you probably have an inertial cut off switch that was tripped during the jolt. On my D2, the reset was on the bulkhead/firewall in the engine compartment. Check the owner's manual for your vehicle - there may be more than one way to reset it.

Hopefully that's it.

Kirk

Joe
05-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Frank84
05-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Joe - the '93 classic we dismantled had the inertia reset button under the driver's seat i think - but your '95 could be different since it has some disco designs included.

Good luck
- Frank

Joe
05-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Looks like the reset is on the firewall...but still trying to reset it.

Joe
05-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Frank, the switch under the left front seat is:

"The inertia switch is a mechanically operated switch located under the left hand front seat attached to the seat base rear cross-member. The switch is normally closed and is in the ignition feed (fuse to fuel pump). In the event of a sudden
impact the switch opens, and disconnects the electrical feed to the fuel pump. The switch is reset by pressing down the button."

I'm still trying to find the switch for the emergency flashers.

sven
05-06-2007, 05:00 PM
I dont think the 95 RRC has the cutodd switch for the flashers....the later D1s and D2s had that.

Joe
05-06-2007, 06:14 PM
:eek: Oh no! So how do I turn these damn things off?!

Rob P
05-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Does the emergency flashers use the same blinker relay as the turn signals? Find where the ticking is coming from under the dash board and pull out the blinker module.

Joe
05-08-2007, 08:11 AM
I'll check it out. The cut-off/reset switch on the firewall does not work. I am going to follow the wiring to determine if something got knocked off.

Joe
05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
:D Fixed it! Removed and reinstalled the flasher relay located next to the fuse box under the dash. Thanks for everyon's help.

roverthen
05-09-2007, 05:07 PM
:D Fixed it! Removed and reinstalled the flasher relay located next to the fuse box under the dash. Thanks for everyon's help.
Damn, what a pain! I thought it was going to be something worse! Good for you.

Frank84
05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Glad it's fixed!

Rob P
06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I had the flasher thing happen to me yesterday. Made a hard transistion from a paved section of road to a dirt section and the resulting "jolt" caused my flashers to blink. My "hazzard" icon on the dash didn't flash, just the double arrow for the signals. Pulled into my mom's driveway and turned the ignition off and back on and they quit. But it was very alarming and caused concern. Thought it might be permanent!