PDA

View Full Version : Things that Leak - The NE British Car shows

crazyfish
05-08-2007, 02:29 PM
This proves it - Oscar has too much time on his hands ( but being a new Series owner should take care of that ) and has put together a rather complete list of British car shows where we could show off how vehicles that actually get used look like!

http://www.roversclub.org/html/eventsbritish.html

As a side note, last year a few of us went to one, we were the only ones with mud on our vehicles and Peter pulled the bonnet and changed the dizzy during the show. We didn't exactly fit in - and it was wonderful. Best opening line - so does your leak too? Second best line - hey! I have the same lenses on my Land Rover.

I didn't format all the links, but hey, you're smart enough to figure it out.

Joe
05-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow! Nice job Oscar. I had no idea so many events were within day trips of Central Jersey.

LC Rover
05-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I attended this show last year and won first place in my division.( old, dirty, beat up, painted latrine green, land rover, division). It is on the Sat. of Memorial day weekend. Easy to get to , right off the turnpike at the Fort Washington exit. Lots of different British marques show up. I go across the street to the Bent Elbow for lunch and a few cold ones. Need some fellow rovers to show up, so I can have some company.

jason
05-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Oscar, great job! Now I know for a FACT that you don't have a job, and there's no way you have a sailboat or a rover.;)

oscar
05-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Whoaaa.....hold on here. I appreciate the thought, but I did NOT compile this list, it was e-mailed to me. (I DO have a good network of informants....;) )

We didn't exactly fit in - and it was wonderful.

LOL :D I knew I liked this gang. Last Saturday was the "Father Daughter Dinner Dance" at the school my kids go to (yes I pay extra for education, but that's a different story.) The event is held at a local country club, the spoils of the embarassment of riches that was once Bethlehem Steel. Ok, so some of the folks in the school are a little fuddy duddy.... :o

I offered my daughter to take Mr. Toad, so as to stump the valets.....she got a half menacing grin on her face and said something along the lines of "THAT is funny.....". So we did, in evening dress and black tie. Raised a few eyebrows....:D

oscar
05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Oh and then this..... End of September, beginning October there is the "Country Fair" at the school. One of the local British Car clubs attends and displays Healies, MG's etc.... I'll be Mr. Country Fair (as in the schmuck in charge) this year. (See, I DO have too much time....) Mr. Toad will be there...it's a great family event.....bring the kids. I'll be posting more when we get closer.

Rob P
05-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Ah valet parking can be so entertaining. I drove my 86 honda prelude to Balt one weekend and stayed at the baltimore something or other Wyndam? Valet parking was wondering what to do with my crusty rusty honda.

crazyfish
05-09-2007, 11:13 PM
we drove the short bus to an art opening, valet parking. I smiled. I turned off the ignition. Told the attendant the key was in it. Walked away fast. 2 hours later the series was still there lol I didn't tip.

Tom109
05-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Sean,

That's a good one. Even better when the battery only shows 9-10V and you have to hand-crank it...

Tom P.