PDA

View Full Version : Why email?!

Joe
05-21-2007, 09:52 AM
What's with all the emails lately? I thought that is why we have a Forum. Wouldn't it be more efficient (from a reader/replier viewpoint) to answer questions/comments on the Forum? Not being around this weekend, I had to open 14 emails this morning rather than go to the Forum and read about winch ropes (if I so desired). :confused:

crazyfish
05-21-2007, 11:33 AM
The old timers like email, drives me crazy, plus I can say that here because they probably won't even check here :)

galen211
05-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Joe,

This has been a topic within the group for quite some time.

In the beginning of the club they used the Yahoo email list-serv, a few years back we created the forum.

Some members still use the Yahoo list and do not want to migrate over to the forum.

And it really is a shame because we have many many knowledge people that aren't on the forum. Our information base is basically cut in half.

Evan
05-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Is Tom still running ther Yahoo group ?

Why not "un-subscribe" if you do not wish to receive the E-mails ?

Joe
05-21-2007, 06:04 PM
I can unsubscribe, and probably will, but then again, why not use the forum? I, like a lot of folks, am a member of numerous forums so that I can share the benefits of a vast amount of knowledge with many members.

Too bad we do not have the benefit of the folks who still use the Yahoo site. And vice versa.

jason
05-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah!! And I say wire rope is better!:rolleyes:

jason
05-21-2007, 06:12 PM
That's a joke, by the way. Relax with the hate mail.:cool:

crazyfish
05-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah!! And I say wire rope is better!:rolleyes:

Almost as good as rope made with baby seal skin.

jason
05-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Have you seen my Ivory winch controller with the bald eagle eye inlay? Nice. I got it from Randy. Traded for moon rocks.