PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Frank!!

jason
05-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Congrats!!

Quite an accomplishment.:D

Sir Frank graduates today and now has all the time in the world to work on his new toy. Can't wait to see you at an event with your very own Rover!:D

Rob P
05-24-2007, 09:40 PM
WTG Frank, what were you studying?

Frank84
05-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks!!!

Sorry for the delay - haven't been online for a week! I graduated with a bachelor of engineering (mechanical) and have half of my masters completed in the same area - I'll finish that at night while I work.

Jason - guess what I pulled into the gas station this morning with? The Strange Rover! I've spent the last few days putting it together and it started up immediately when I turned the key! It still has a lot of things that need attention - but it runs and drives great (relatively speaking).

Joe
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Congrats Frank! BTW, we miss the Strange Rover in Somerville. Has Mrs. Vuoso allowed Paul to get another one?! :D

galen211
05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Congratulations, a running Rover and a diploma. Watch out world!

Where are you heading for a job? Staying in NJ?

cboy
05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Congrats Frank! Watch out, fixing a Rover can quickly turn into a full time job:D

jason
05-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Jason - guess what I pulled into the gas station this morning with? The Strange Rover! I've spent the last few days putting it together and it started up immediately when I turned the key! It still has a lot of things that need attention - but it runs and drives great (relatively speaking).

Now I'm even more proud! That's fantastic!

roverthen
05-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Awesome Frank.

Let the games begin!

Frank84
05-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Galen - I got a job working at Picatinny Arsenal (just off rt80 in NJ) in the small arms division - should be interesting as I know very little about guns!

galen211
05-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Galen - I got a job working at Picatinny Arsenal (just off rt80 in NJ) in the small arms division - should be interesting as I know very little about guns!

All you need to know is the Johnny Cash song, "One piece at a time" and we will all stay your friend for a long time.;)

Sounds like a neat job. If you ever get bored you can come over here to PSU and make torpedos with me.

Ken Heaton
05-30-2007, 11:21 AM

"GUNS & ROVERS"

Have you ever thought about changing your name to Axle?

jason
05-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm at Picatinny quite often dropping off machinery. Nice place. Ask the guards about trashing their ATV's.:eek: Seems some of them like to do a little wheeling while patrolling.:D Don't worry about the tight security, either. You get used to the full cavity searches after about two weeks.:cool:

Frank84
05-31-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll look forward to the full cavity searches:rolleyes:

Galen - torpedos would be fun as well - I'll let you know if things don't work out.

I spent today working on the rover and then tried it out in the woods. While I fixed the tailgate so that it now opens without a hammer, the lift glass opens on its own while in the woods! I'll have to add that to my ever growing list.